Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

99CTD VS. 06 Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I agree, however with recent developments in "the other brands diesel products", our battles are tougher to come by...LOL..

Let him enjoy it, the mods were a little tougher to come by with some dirty hands, unlike the uploader and other bolt-ons of the DM. I think you earn some respect in my book by knowing how to do the mechanical upgrades. Too many "hat backward" kids with uploaders these days...
" Hat backward " KIDS. HERD THAT LOUD AND CLEAR
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
chw

nice kill. I have been snooping around on some dmax forums and man they are really impressive. Hey im my opinion cummins,dmax,pstroke they are all great i mean after all we all have the same goal to make our DIESEL TRUCKS go fast. I think we should just post kills on gas guzzlers, unless of course the guy you raced was talkin all kinda SMACK then he diserves it
Old 03-13-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jeeptjstud
the D-max was modded. I know it had exhaust and a bigger turbo cause I could here the turbo spool, also had a TST sticker on the back window.
It was modded-still wasted him easily.
Nice story, but TST doesn't make a PowerMax for the LBZ Duramax and there are no aftermarket turbos available for the LBZ either.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 AM
Banned

Edited by Admin
Old 03-14-2006, 07:20 AM

Well who cares. I have been here for so long. There were only like 17 hundred members then. My post count was erased because we.. hmmmmmmm dont know that answer. Just like my TOM winner was deleted after I traded to a chevy. But it could have been something else there as well. Oh and this place use to have all the big diesel brands as well. So I guess being a free country all people can have fun here at DTR.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:52 AM

Hired Gun, did you have a black dodge quad cab dually w/stacks before the dirtymax???? just wondered, I remember seeing one bad*** truck with the hired gun name on the EEP website I think???? wondered if it was yours, nice Dmax by the way,love the hood!!!!!!!, Dusty
Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mind .. Its friendly banter here and Hired Gun was here before most of us. I think I still have a photo of your truck HG... Good insight too on the developments of the DM with mtomac and fredw..
Old 03-14-2006, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hired Gun
Well who cares. I have been here for so long. There were only like 17 hundred members then. My post count was erased because we.. hmmmmmmm dont know that answer. Just like my TOM winner was deleted after I traded to a chevy. But it could have been something else there as well. Oh and this place use to have all the big diesel brands as well. So I guess being a free country all people can have fun here at DTR.
Hey is that an oil leak under your Duramax???

Just kiddin', I can see it's water!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:25 AM

Yes that was mine on the EEP Site. I would still have it if I had met a good diesel mechanic like I now have with Billy at BRC Diesel. Its a long story on the other. It was a beautiful truck and ran great. I could never bash a dodge at all. It just did not hold up.

Now the chevy well its been awesome as well. 90,000 miles on it and I love it. I have not as of yet had any major issues. I did go with a Suncoast stage V tranny. My stocker overheated due to a plugged tranny cooler and before I could save it, it was too late. So I went big.

In all honesty, I can see good and bad in all brands, and we make them better ourselves. We pick up where the factory left off and make them fun.

I love this site because of the info and friendships. Keep it cool guys.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 AM

Edited by Admin
Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Hired Gun:

Darn buddy,......you already have 90,000 miles on that Duramax?? WOW!!
-------------

Let me also say that I have known "Hired Gun" for a long time now and he is a great guy! Also,.... he did have a great looking/good running vehicle with that black Dodge CTD Dually he had, but as he said, he did have quite a few problems with it!

-------
John_P
Old 03-14-2006, 01:35 PM

Yes sir. She gets little rest. I got something to throw at Johhner this year. Hope you and him are doing great.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jared:

We are both doing well and I hope you are as well!

Hopefully Johnner will be ready for you. At our most recent dyno day he was able to put down 677 H.P./1190 Torque and is now doing more "modifications"
to that 2004 Dodge CTD CR! You have to remember now, that he has to "row" that 6-speed and you have the modified "Allison" Auto, so maybe if you guys "go from a roll" somewhere that would make things a little more even!

--------
John_P
Old 03-14-2006, 02:04 PM

all right I am not ragging I just want to say something. Yestaurday I had a day off from work and decided to go play around. I test drove one of the new 06 duramax's with the 6spd tranny and push button shift 360hp 650 torque. It was 50 degrees outside here so I don't know if that was the problem or what but it didn't feel like it had any power form a dead stop punch it barely spin the tires over. Then i did the push button shift and it would't let you rev the truck past 3200 RPM???? Like I said I know it would probably run better warm but for a stock truck it didn't feel near as powerful as my dodge with the 6spd. Now I know a chip would really wake it up but stock i didn't like it. Next test was a 2004 6spd powerstroke. It is the only 6spd 6.0 I have ever seen so I had to drive it and puke that thing was horrible no lugging power at all it felt like it had to be above 2400RPM's to do anything.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Edited by Admin

Quick Reply: 99CTD VS. 06 Duramax