Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

99CTD VS. 06 Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edited by Admin
Old 03-15-2006, 02:41 AM
Banned

Edited by Admin
Old 03-15-2006, 08:48 AM

John,

We will do it all different ways. Good thing is, We will all have a laugh and be buddies for life.

Right now I am still waiting on the PPE Hot ET Eliminator +2. Then play with stacking a Van Aken with it, and all on the stock charger. For this year that is. I just bought a new McCormick tractor so I am bought out for a few years. Oh and the house I am starting is costing me a ton. Got to keep the lady happy ya know.

But after that I may need to find a way to keep it cool. If that does not work, I am also playing with some EFI Live tunes to see what I can do.

Hope to see you guys soon though. I will be keeping David busy witht the dyno this season.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:38 AM

What are you guys smoking? You do know a Cummins could never beat even a stock D-Max in a race, right?

I know Old Jared(hired gun) too. For a D-Max owner, hes allright J/K Whats up Jared?

Eric
Old 03-15-2006, 10:18 AM

Edited by Admin
Sorry for the wording I used. I was not trying to cause any trouble! Just pointing out that I have called members out on the Diesel Place when they looked to be pulling our leg!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

What Geico266 said.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:28 PM

Edited by Admin.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:20 PM

Hey Eric. Man I am doing fine. Some of the stories I read, I just sit and laugh. Heck there was one on DP where this kid said he popped a wheelie and shifted gears all while he was passing a dodge with his Duramax. Even those guys called BS. You just have to laugh and have fun.

Some people are just too high strung and uptight for the net.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:50 PM

Easy there HG or my stock dmax will have to kick your dmaxes butt I did end up runnin an edge on it for a couple of day a while ago when i went home, good greif it was like a whole new truck, i even stayed away from the last 2 settings i was scarred to break somethin. Technicaly i did break something.... The Tires loose over and over again and it threw some smoke. Should have pics to post on Kydtr when i get the cammera devolped, its also got my cummins movin down the road bellowin smoke.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Pretty obvious a couple of you guys FORGOT which site you were posting on If you want to continue to argue like children, please go do it somewhere else.

This site is open to ALL brands and ANYBODY who posts here with a little common respect will always be welcome here.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Hired Gun, Nice to see you again, I didn't know your TOM got lost, we did lose some stuff by accident in the server swap, but I did not know your beautiful truck was one of them.

I will see what I can do about fixing that error for you Any way a real pleasure to see you Jared
Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hired Gun
Hey Eric. Man I am doing fine. Some of the stories I read, I just sit and laugh. Heck there was one on DP where this kid said he popped a wheelie and shifted gears all while he was passing a dodge with his Duramax. Even those guys called BS. You just have to laugh and have fun.

Some people are just too high strung and uptight for the net.
Yeah; I about rolled out of my chair when I read the one about popping wheelies It got closed before I could reply. BTW; you are VERY right on that last comment. If you cant take some ribbing(along with dishing it out), and laugh at stuff people say, then the net is definatley not for you, because expressions dont travel through a keyboard(smilies are your friend ) See ya on the kydtr. You got a Great thread going . I hope Mitch can take my ribbing because I am laying it on him

Eric
Old 03-16-2006, 08:51 AM

Hey TOP. MAn how have you been? Still owe you a truck wash. Thanks for trying to help. I see this place is getting bigger all the time. I still try to keep up with the Dodge trucks. Lots of new stuff on here. Take care bud.

Eric, yes it has been a fun debate. See ya soon.

John P, you need to call me sometime so we can catch up.

Keep Rockin DTR!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

I had to ban one of the guys who forgot where he was by posting trash talk here. I am going to continue to ban people who think that playing that childish trash talking argument thing is ever going to fly here.

We did not have a competition forum for some time because we knew it would draw the trolls like flies to dung. It is obvious that most of you guys are intelligent people that can have a conversation with out turning it into a childish brawl.

So rather than shut down the forum and penalize everyone, I am simply just going to start hitting the offenders with some of that "patented troll juice" and be done with them.

Thanks to all you guys who can converse with each other on a level above that stuff, we appreciate both you and your comments and the threads will remain open for you to enjoy.

(Thank you Dr Evil for the "Patented Troll Juice")
Old 03-16-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hired Gun
But after that I may need to find a way to keep it cool. If that does not work, I am also playing with some EFI Live tunes to see what I can do.
I got the a demo version and Trippin sent me a stock '03 bin file. What kinda progress have you made so far? I keep telling Kevin (bigblackdmax) I want to see if it's possible to tune his truck without the TTS, but he's kinda addicted to the extreme switch.

brnadon.

Quick Reply: 99CTD VS. 06 Duramax