Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

3rd Gen pullers??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Gwoody
Hey Graphite were you the one up at Johns getting a pump worked on when I was there putting the lock up switch in and we went for a test drive? My truck is the black dually.

sure was... your truck is wicked fast man.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM

I pull with an automatic in the diesel truck, DTT by Floor It, works slick, start out in 1st, shift to second, build some speed then shift to third, spun out in 3rd at 335 ft.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by graphitecumnz
sure was... your truck is wicked fast man.
I guess you got your pump all fixed up??

I'd like to take it to 1/4 mile track one of these days and see what it would do. The day we went for a ride I was running on 5/5 on the tst, I've since started running around in 6/6 since I have the dtt I feel a little more confident. I really need to get a different turbo, this little stocker won't handle much more. After John gets back from IRP we're gonna address the turbo issue. He's got some good ideas, we just gotta get together and see what direction to go.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:27 PM

I guess you got your pump all fixed up??

I'd like to take it to 1/4 mile track one of these days and see what it would do. The day we went for a ride I was running on 5/5 on the tst, I've since started running around in 6/6 since I have the dtt I feel a little more confident. I really need to get a different turbo, this little stocker won't handle much more. After John gets back from IRP we're gonna address the turbo issue. He's got some good ideas, we just gotta get together and see what direction to go.
pump on and working fantastic.... just need to win the lottery to put some more upgrades on.

I can't believe that was only 5x5.... John will get some kind of turbo to work on your truck. Are you going to pull any of the NWMTPA pulls?? http://www.nwmtpa.com/schedule.htm

That white truck I was driving(my little brothers) is really starting to come around.... full pull last weekend....
Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 PM

I know what you mean about winning the lottery, this hobby does get expensive. I'd like to make a couple of those but we're pretty busy with pullls down this way on most weekends. Congrats to your brother, both of you guys trucks are pretty sharp. Hasn't the pullin bug bit you yet??? If it ever does it starts a virus that there's no known cure for, .
Old 06-21-2005, 10:47 PM

I know what you mean about winning the lottery, this hobby does get expensive. I'd like to make a couple of those but we're pretty busy with pullls down this way on most weekends. Congrats to your brother, both of you guys trucks are pretty sharp. Hasn't the pullin bug bit you yet??? If it ever does it starts a virus that there's no known cure for, .
thanks for the compliments.... you need to post a front shot of your truck because that is one mean beast when it's coming at you.

the pullin' bug has bit but I have a good vaccine... limited budget. I can live vicariously through my brother for now.

Are you going to pull with John later this summer or do you know yet??
Old 06-22-2005, 08:06 AM

I hope to make a pull or two with John, he'll stomp us in the dust, but I'll have to see how our schedule works out.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:36 PM

I appreciate all the feedback everyone. that makes me feel a little better, but the main thing is that my tranny is still stock. That is what worries me. Anyway thanks again.

Brad