Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Pulling The Sled

Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pulling The Sled

There is always a truck pull at our towns homecomming. This isnt like a high tech, thousands come kind of pull, just a small town pull, where guys hook their trucks, like most we talk about. Ever since I've gotten my truck, I know it has power, and can pull heavy things, but Ive always been too scard to hook other guys trucks, or hook a sled. Do you think I would break stuff if I pulled a sled? I dont have a stock transmission, the guy said it was rebuilt. I have a gsk, plate foward, bhaf, 33lbs of boost. Do you think if I hooked the sled in 4 wheel drive and put it to the floor ( our however you do it) and went down the sled till I didnt move anymore, I would honestly twist a drive shaft, or transfer case? Ive always been too scared and now Im wanting to try things. Its not like Im going to do it all the time, just at this pull. I dont have really good good tires that would bite in the dirt, probably break traction easily. Help me decide!!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do it!!!!!!! I've been dieing to tie off to a sled and This Sat night at the Racine county Wi. Fairgrounds they are advertising a truck pull with a stock class on the radio. It's funny, in all my life I've never heard an advertisement for a truck pull on the radio before! Of course I have plans this Sat night and can't go
Old 06-10-2005, 10:22 PM

DOOOOOOOoooooooooo it. Without an aggressive tire, you ain't gonna break anything. Put it in 4 low, OD out, put the foot down and have a blast! The only way you're likely to brake something is if you start hopping really bad, then you can let out of it. One warning, though... once you do it, you're literally "hooked" I was just going to do one to finish off my stock tranny and now I've bought more aggressive tires, and am in the market for a rear axle to help me compete.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:52 PM

So just 4lo, put it in Drive, with the OD switch off? Then to the floor. haha. Sounds easy enough. I dont care if I place or not, I just want to see what shes got in her. haha. But showing up guys around here would be awesome. You know, small town talk, yeah that black dodge won the pull lastyear. haha. Im the only dodge cummins in this town. All are Strokers or Duramaxs. Cant wait until August. haha.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:05 PM

With an auto tranny I don't really think your gonna hurt anything just pulling once.

Once your hooked up to the sled I would put it in drive, lock out OD, 4 Low, try holding the brake and easing into the throttle to build some boost and when start feeling the truck/sled move keep on easing into it and get 'er the the floor quick and HANG ON! Once the sled stops you DON'T sit and dig that will break stuff!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:48 PM

Definitely do it. I did my first a week ago and can't wait for the next. I've already got mods in mind. Just a suggestion, since you say you're not making tons of power and have an auto, shift it down into 1st. If it goes to 2nd when you're pulling, when/if it drops back down you'll have definitely lost power and I've seen em start hoppin many times after the downshift. I suppose you could always be ready to shift it manually but I'm biased towards runnin one gear from my limited experience and what I've seen. Of course, I don't really have much choice since I'm manual. on't worry about the tires, sometiimes a worn treead is better: low power, tight track,etc. If you want to have more then just a good time, put enough weight in to get right at the class limit. You might end up being surprised at how well you do. I'll finish by stealing another members quote....."Don't lift until you see god.." consider hopping to be god.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Im pulling in July. Worst thing that could happen is you could break somethin... or not get the sled to move Best thing that could happen is you win.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Yeah, I saw a guy lastyear pull in a stroker, and he got towards the end and started hoppin and "tink" his drive shaft twisted off. He kept askin everyone if they knew where he could get it fixed before his old man saw it ( 10:00 pm Saturday night) He was out of luck eh? I guess Ill wait until August and see what happens with the pull. Hopefully I'll show em up. And here is the black dodge we've all seen around town, as the crowd roars "woooo wooooo" haha. In my dreams eh? haha. Then after I drag the sled off the track, the babes meet me, take my hat and ask for a date. hahaha. This is getting out of hand.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by MasseyMan1089
. Then after I drag the sled off the track, the babes meet me, take my hat and ask for a ate. hahaha. This is getting out of hand.
Thats what im hoping for.

I just hoping i give those guys with a couple grand in their truck a run for their money. Specially since i have a monster 500 bucks in mine.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:30 AM

Yeah, ouu hey Matt, I saw you and your truck the other night at the pull. Yeah, I'd love to show em all up, but even if I dont, I still want to see what I can do. Maybe I'll surprise myself and do good. I hope it doesnt turn into and addiction. haha.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like roping

bombing, diesel performance, and cummins motor sounds.. it will become addicting... Hope u can find an anitdote... Best of luck in ur pulls!

Tx
Old 06-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Txdiesel, how many pulls have you put your truck in? How did it do?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by MasseyMan1089
Then after I drag the sled off the track, the babes meet me, take my hat and ask for a date. hahaha. This is getting out of hand.
I'm still waiting for this to happen Maybe each event relies on the prior to be true... so if I get a full pull...

I should have cleaned that up, just as Got Smoke? said, you want to build some boost right away so that you can get the wheel spin when you want it. When you start to take off, for a split second you think 'Oh crap, there's no way I'm gonna move this thing' and before you know if it feels like you're doing a million miles per hour and then all of a sudden you stop.

Boy what a rush!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 01:17 PM

Kinda on the same topic I have a 2005 six speed with the edge juice and wanted to make one pull this year. I was wondering if if wil burn the crap out of my clutch or do you think I will be fine and in what gear. I as thinking 2nd low becasue I really want to save my clutch (stock clutch) only 12xxx miles on the truck. Also what level with the juice with attitude or no juice?
Old 06-18-2005, 04:16 PM

4th low just don't slip it for very long

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulling The Sled