Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

03 Common Rail 893 HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floor It
So Bart,
What part of my act do I need to get together?

John
Things will get worked out, if not already. Please take no offense, I'm on your side.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
...or even a trailer heavier than 2K # (Joe D )
You obviously never rode in it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lmills
oh yeah, 90 HP dynomite diesel injectors. I always had an issue with them popping with my BDDL and TST stack even on settings that did NO pressure adding. I thought that it was from lack of rail pressure supply. So, I bought the stage 2 CP3. Now the truck acts as though it may have cracked a couple injectors. Of course since I have ran pressure thru them, there is no warranty. Funny thing is I called them when it started popping. Now that I have a real issue I am on my own and have a truck down looking for replacements. I certainly will not be sending them back for the tune of $440 per damaged injector to replace something that they won't stand behind if it fails again.

Lloyd,

Yes if your injectors are craked there is no warranty, but...... There are many things we need to determine before we know exactly what is wrong with your truck. When you stack 2 boxes together, there are many variables that are affected, and who knows what is causing your problems. You need to remove the injectors that you have, and send them to a shop that can test them or better yet, get a scan tool and test the Desired vs the actual rail pressure. This will help, but not fully determine what is going on. It could be as simple as a pressure limiting valve. When you tell others on this site, that we at Dynomite Diesel will not stand behind, you are making false statements. Please give us a call so we can resolve this issue we will, and would before you posted do what ever it takes to make this right.

Thanks

Ross Fahlen
Sales and marketing
Dynomite Diesel
Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 PM

All I can say is I'm shocked that Richard ( Reb B) even owns a 3rd Gen. Last year at this time he was still tweaking his 12 valve CTD,s.In all my discussions with him ( which are rare)he never even sounded like he would ever consider a 24 V.
My hats off to him! So little time to come up with those numbers in a 3rd Gen, whats next?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Ross,
I will tell you the same thing I said to Lenny. The post was not intended as a slamb. If that's how you work your warranty, that's your call. I will just know to take my money somewhere else that will stand behind the set up I intend to run. I have no intentions of changing my truck to have a warranty. The bottom line is the truck hasn't been right since I got them back.

And saying the TST/BDDL stack doesn't work.......well start at the beginning of the thread and see what Reb used to make the numbers being discussed here. The main difference between my combo and his is the injectors.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Lloyd, you just got off the phone with Lenny. We gave you some things to try, and ideas and such. Did you swap the pressure limiting valve with your friend already?

We volunteered to install your injectors in our truck to eliminate the possibility of compatibility issues. Piers tried TST and Crazy Larry with our injectors and it knocked till the CL program was replaced with PPE extreme, then it worked well (685hp). Maybe the others in this thread have a different program or version # on their BDDL. Injectors are like a mega phone the bigger they are the bigger the problems that may have been there before, show up.

Cracks form on the nozzle between the center and the incoming fuel, no where near the end of the nozzle. Bodies and nozzles always crack at the same time. EDM nor HONE ever come close to the area where the cracks develop.

I am puzzled as to why you are not telling about the conversations that we have with you, discussing all the options for you, and trying to help solve the issues with your stuff. I would like to place the ball further onto your side of the court. What exactly do you want us to do for you. As long as the injectors are not cracked then we will swap nozzles for a set of stockers and return your money. Our warranty has always been known, and is probably the best in the Business. We have not denied you anything, and look forward to helping you get your problem resolved. Please let everyone know, that we have done nothing but try to help you and have never denied you a warranty or our advice.

Thank you

Ross
Dynomite Diesel Performance
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 PM

Ross,

Before you read any further, since you think all I do is run around slamming you, do yourself a favor and do a search on the DTR/TDR and see if you see any negative feedback at all from me about these injectors before now. You won't find anything but nice things said. And I don't complain till I get tired of being sidestepped.

All I am saying is if they are cracked, I will surely not send you 440 a piece to fix them just to have it happen again.

You try to make it look as though I am a hard person to get along with. You can ask any one of the TDR or DTR members that have met me at dyno events. It is nothing like that. I am as easy to get along with as it they come. But I do tell it like it is.

If you get the injectors back and there is nothing wrong with them, then so be it. I will gladly tell everyone it was not your error. But somehow I don't see how in the world you can think that a relief valve is causing my egt's to hang at 450* at idle. But to prove I am open for uggestions, I will try the advice and switch it out.

I must also say that yes, I did have a decent phone conversation with Lenny. He tried offer help on the situation. I am ready to let it go. What ever you decide to do is up to you.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
DTR Advertiser

I cant wait for the Smarty CR! I will stay up night and day tuning nozzles for this thing.

As far as what works in downloaders: I have had good and bad luck with all of them. Richard just ripped the dyno a new one with the BDDL/TST in Vegas and this weekend Byron won the sled pulls with the PPE/TST in Washington. Both have 03 trucks.

Nathan ran the 1/4 mile a few weeks back @ 12.83 using a stock pump and stock injectors. The fastest I have ever seen on Diesel only for the 3rd gen with those mods. He used the BDDL/TST. It is an 04.5. So the dang thang must do somethin'

Don~
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by lmills
Ross,
If you get the injectors back and there is nothing wrong with them, then so be it. I will gladly tell everyone it was not your error. But somehow I don't see how in the world you can think that a relief valve is causing my egt's to hang at 450* at idle. But to prove I am open for uggestions, I will try the advice and switch it out.
Ross, a couple months have passed since we had talked about these injectors. I said I would gladly admit if I was wrong about the injectors and would clear the air if they were OK. Well, after tearing into the engine I found that it was indeed not the injectors that were causing the problems.

I just wanted to hold up on my end of the deal. Sorry for any confusion or problems.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 PM

Thanks Lloyd,

Just to help me out in the future, what was it? I am always trying to learn as much as possible.

Thanks

Ross
Old 09-11-2006, 03:31 PM

What was the problem, we all want to learn here.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:08 AM

as far as fastest 3 gens or 03 cummins i have not seen any one faster than mikeys from the nadp team, i seen a 11.42 at our local track with that truck on diesel and nitrous

here is the vid, and thats my nitrous bottle, lol
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by fredw
as far as fastest 3 gens or 03 cummins i have not seen any one faster than mikeys from the nadp team, i seen a 11.42 at our local track with that truck on diesel and nitrous

here is the vid, and thats my nitrous bottle, lol
Where is the vid?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:40 PM

Don,

Im putting a Floor-It stage 2 on in the next couple of weeks. What injectors would you recommend for my truck?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by Luken
Don,

Im putting a Floor-It stage 2 on in the next couple of weeks. What injectors would you recommend for my truck?

Thanks
Big ones! LOL. I am sending some rather larges ones out in the next few days to a guy who is already running the Flux 1's. He has some solid dyno numbers now and we will see where we can go. I will keep you in the loop.

Quick Reply: 03 Common Rail 893 HP