Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

03 Common Rail 893 HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don, clean your PM box, I'd like to toss around some ideas w/you
Old 05-05-2006, 06:48 PM

Nice job... so where are the graphs and video. Of course we need correction factor and VIN numbers, how many reflashes, what color it is and whether it was purchased new.

Nice job really.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by DavidTD
Nice job... so where are the graphs and video. Of course we need correction factor and VIN numbers, how many reflashes, what color it is and whether it was purchased new.

Nice job really.
David, I would like to see that truck run on your dyno. I think the numbers would be a little different. I was there and saw it run, and while it ran good I didn't feel "IMHO" that it was making that much power. Flame suit on!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:28 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reb dynoed the truck before the event @ home. This was @ sea level. good air. no correction factor. It made 858 on the Dynojet in Fresno.

The very next day he dynoed in Vegas and got the 893.

life is good,

Don~
Old 05-06-2006, 04:34 PM
DTR Advertiser

The smooth power of the Common Rail engine is sooo sweet. Driveability, low noise.

They sound like an old 12 V with about 500 HP.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:02 PM

Man Don that is awesome! I have been on the phone with John trying to get my issues resolved with my injectors and he gave me the heads up about this thread. I hope to soon get my injector issues resolved and continue the quest on #2.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by lmills
Man Don that is awesome! I have been on the phone with John trying to get my issues resolved with my injectors and he gave me the heads up about this thread. I hope to soon get my injector issues resolved and continue the quest on #2.
Whats wrong with your injectors? What are they? Stock?

Don~
Old 05-06-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
Whats wrong with your injectors? What are they? Stock?

Don~
oh yeah, 90 HP dynomite diesel injectors. I always had an issue with them popping with my BDDL and TST stack even on settings that did NO pressure adding. I thought that it was from lack of rail pressure supply. So, I bought the stage 2 CP3. Now the truck acts as though it may have cracked a couple injectors. Of course since I have ran pressure thru them, there is no warranty. Funny thing is I called them when it started popping. Now that I have a real issue I am on my own and have a truck down looking for replacements. I certainly will not be sending them back for the tune of $440 per damaged injector to replace something that they won't stand behind if it fails again.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:55 PM
DTR Advertiser

I will speak to John on Monday Im sure.

Don~
Old 05-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Reb dynoed the truck before the event @ home. This was @ sea level. good air. no correction factor. It made 858 on the Dynojet in Fresno.

The very next day he dynoed in Vegas and got the 893.

life is good,

Don~
What happend to him in the sled pulls? The 06 twin turbo Dodge from PDI that dynoed almost 200hp less kicked his butt pulling the sled. "Life ain't so good" You think he would line up against me old 12 valve at the drag strip?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:17 PM
DTR Advertiser

Reb does not normally sled pull. I dont know if he has ever sled pulled before. I spoke to him Friday afternoon and he said the 06 he was pulling with was basically not a sled pulling truck, but he wanted to try it. He was not even expecting a win, just wanted to have some fun, compete and participate.

His comment was "All I have on the truck is a stock hitch No suspension, nothing. No mods for pulling"".

Reb has struggled hard the last few years to make something happen positively. I can recall the MM 04 and seeing the disappointment on his face after the hard work he put in and to dyno under 500 on Diesel.

Whether he wants to race or pull against you would be something to ask him. Myself, I just sit on the porch and break less parts.(:
Old 05-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Very interesting.....Anyone have a list of the sled pull results from MM?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Reb does not normally sled pull. I dont know if he has ever sled pulled before. I spoke to him Friday afternoon and he said the 06 he was pulling with was basically not a sled pulling truck, but he wanted to try it. He was not even expecting a win, just wanted to have some fun, compete and participate.

His comment was "All I have on the truck is a stock hitch No suspension, nothing. No mods for pulling"".

Reb has struggled hard the last few years to make something happen positively. I can recall the MM 04 and seeing the disappointment on his face after the hard work he put in and to dyno under 500 on Diesel.

Whether he wants to race or pull against you would be something to ask him. Myself, I just sit on the porch and break less parts.(:
Jared from PDI has never pulled with his 06 that has a stock hitch, and is lifted which is not the best thing for sled pulling.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:01 PM

You would think 200 more horsepower would get you the win?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
You would think 200 more horsepower would get you the win?
Yep, Reb only pulled to half track, and the PDI truck had a full pull. Two rookie sled pulling drivers with trucks that are not really built for sled pulling, and the truck with 200 more horsepower gets out pulled by over 100'.

Quick Reply: 03 Common Rail 893 HP