Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

03 Common Rail 893 HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who knows. Might be best to call Reb and ask him what happened.

The coolest thing ( to me anyway ) is Reb got the dyno win. He holds a record now. I think it is only fair to give him some props.

Sled pulling is cool, but I think a newbie has a good chance of not doing too good until he gets some seat time.

Don~
Old 05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Don:

I for one am happy for Reb regardless of what is being said here. And IMO, some of the credit to his success should go to you since he is running your injectors and you have been doing alot of R&D on these CP-3 Pumps and all! These CR Trucks have really amazed me over the last year or so.

Anyway, congratulations to Reb and to you also!

-------
John_P
Old 05-07-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can think if quite a few trucks that have been raced and dynoed big numbers and never hooked to a sled.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:25 PM
DTR Advertiser

Thanks John.

In the end, I like the poking and proding. It is all in fun to me.

Don~
Old 05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Chapter President

Wow.. Those are some great numbers. Congrates to all involved.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Whats the matter richard? Affraid you might have some competition against your old inbred farm truck .
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 PM

I have to agree with AK RAM on the CLDL/TST stack. I popped a head gasket and had replace the long block! It blew between 2 & 3 cutting a groove about a 1/16" in both the head and block. Has anybody else had this happen?
Old 05-07-2006, 05:33 PM

My congratulations go out to Reb. After all the work he did and the disappointments he had with the 12v, changing to the CR finally paid off.

A week ago in the 3rd gen forum I started a thread advising eveyone to watch May Madness for some big numbers coming from the common rails. Floor Its stage 2s are changing everything, even though I know of at least one at MM which didn't deliver as well as the stocker does. Some others have had problems with the stage 2s as well. Reb got a couple of good ones.

Problem with MM '06 is I've had to armchair the event from home which stopped me from getting in and finding out what actually went on first hand. A dyno competition is always interesting to watch from a physcological point of view. Many times the personalities involved are much more interesting than the hp numbers generated. From what I understand, this year Reb is an example of this. There's always someone who goes home disapointed and someone else who goes home very happy. Last year at MM, the Duramaxs rulled, even against competition like Piers, who couldn't even manage to break 600 after doing way better than 700 at a couple of earlier events. He showed his fustration by pulling off the dyno, going out to the street, and then doing a 100 yard burnout. It was fun to watch.

I think this is going to be a good year for the CR. The exodus of 12v junkies converting over to the CR has begun and is accelerating. If Brett Williams (813 hp) ever gets the nagging little bugs worked out from his truck, the CP3.4 he runs will put it into the stratoshpere. Access to a decent local dyno would help him out considerably. Even with all the resources of I.I. behind Brett, though, a private individual won out. Other CP3.4 trucks are going to be showing up, soon. There's only 2 outfits in the states which can work on the CP3, I.I. being one of them. Watch for them to be forced into the CP3 modification business, themselves, especially if Floor It doesn't start getting their act together.

It's going to be interesting to watch the CRs.

Wish I had a 3rd gen.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by MADDOG1
David, I would like to see that truck run on your dyno. I think the numbers would be a little different. I was there and saw it run, and while it ran good I didn't feel "IMHO" that it was making that much power. Flame suit on!!!
It's not official unless it's run on Dave's dyno
Old 05-08-2006, 05:10 AM

both trucks ran great. The 03 2wd drove down and got 24.4 mpg. Never have had head gasket issues. Both trucks have stock long blocks and both trucks are studded. I ran the 06 in the sled pulls just for fun. Its a drag race truck. It only has a 1000 miles on it. I didn't run the box all the way up and i didn't use the NOS. Both trucks just idles right into the dyno shop, lookin' stock as can be and ran hard and then just idled back out. After the runs people were looking for the trucks and couldn't believe the power they made. Power is power, and sled pulling and drag racing are different sports. Any of the trucks i pulled against i would ask them to drag race and drag racings isn't all about power as well. When i was street racing in college i won a lot of races with 400 HP when others had 550HP. Weights and traction played a big key. Same thing in sled pulling and drag racing, weight and traction play a big key. For the sled pulling at MM I was too light and i got no traction.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lmills
I can think if quite a few trucks that have been raced and dynoed big numbers and never hooked to a sled.
...or even a trailer heavier than 2K # (Joe D )
Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 AM

So Bart,
What part of my act do I need to get together?

John
Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by Floor It
So Bart,
What part of my act do I need to get together?

John
You better get it together John. Nearly 900 HP from your pump is bogus Man! Those numbers are lame

Don~
Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Banned

Was the truck at may madness, i was their with the ATS crew??
Old 05-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Reb.B
both trucks ran great. The 03 2wd drove down and got 24.4 mpg. Never have had head gasket issues. Both trucks have stock long blocks and both trucks are studded. I ran the 06 in the sled pulls just for fun. Its a drag race truck. It only has a 1000 miles on it. I didn't run the box all the way up and i didn't use the NOS. Both trucks just idles right into the dyno shop, lookin' stock as can be and ran hard and then just idled back out. After the runs people were looking for the trucks and couldn't believe the power they made. Power is power, and sled pulling and drag racing are different sports. Any of the trucks i pulled against i would ask them to drag race and drag racings isn't all about power as well. When i was street racing in college i won a lot of races with 400 HP when others had 550HP. Weights and traction played a big key. Same thing in sled pulling and drag racing, weight and traction play a big key. For the sled pulling at MM I was too light and i got no traction.
What does your truck looks like, looks like you were their.

Quick Reply: 03 Common Rail 893 HP