AZDTR #20 Forum for the Arizona Chapter #20

The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having problems reading the files as well, so please let me know when you get a fix for it! Hopefully he didnt delete them...
Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM

I sent an email to Keith saying I could pick my files up with a usb drive if he doesn't get the email thing fixed. If it is not feasible for others to pick theirs up in the same fashion I could get their files and post them on a web server so they can pick them up. It might work.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM

http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/software.aspx

Go here and download the client, save it to desktop and save all your dyno files to desktop, and it should show it.

HiddenValleyHVAC on the Cummins Forum said that the guys at Dyno chip had found some problems and said we can come back next weekend and dyno for free. I think my horse numbers are right but torque is off... The red mega is runnin pretty much the same stuff and had almost identical horsepower curves so I am gonna go off his 950 torque
Old 03-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mega07
Im having problems reading the files as well, so please let me know when you get a fix for it! Hopefully he didnt delete them...
He told me our trucks will always be on file. He said he has some 26 thousand vehicle files on his computers, and only about 50 are diesels
Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 PM

Reading the files aren't as easy as clicking and opening them, you have to download the software and install it, then open that program and import your dyno run files. You then have to choose what parameters to use on the graph like power and torque over rpm.

It's kinda complicated, but you can set up your graphs the way you want them....really nice if you ask me
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM

Jason, heres your crew cab we were talkin bout!
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/c...uery=retrieval
Old 03-30-2008, 06:14 PM

Thanks to Ronsrig, I was able to look at my runs, but the numbers are way off from what was on his computer, I am going to go down there on my lunch hour and see about getting my files again and ask him about this.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM

WOW! I unzipped the runtime version and it work! I can see all my files.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM

My best torque was 952 and best hp was 481 !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ-dyno-sheet-080329.jpg  
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yeah Ken, I think your right about lockup switches on the auto trucks. But I still dont see how that Mega cab with the stacks (sorry, forgot your name!) put down 950 ft/lbs, while I only put down 783 with pretty much the same mods, minus the tranny. He wasnt running a lockup controller, but that still wouldnt prevent low RPM kickdown. Im pretty sure they tried to brake the dyno when he started his run, and that may have helped him build lower RPM boost and pull the torque numbers. Now I really wish I bought a 6-spd
Tranny setup makes a HUGE difference. The mods done by a DTT builder, using a DTT Torque Converter ... cane EASILY make a 10% difference. Also remember he's on 35's or 36's which will also change the numbers quite a bit.

Auto's are VERY hard to dyno, but a built DTT makes it MUCH easier! The numbers make more sense because the tranny holds the gear, and the TQ is MUCH more efficient in and out of lockup. But in lockup it's MUCH more efficient than a stock converter.

Proof in the value of a tranny was watching the 6sp's ... compare their numbers with equal mods to the auto's and the HP numbers were 10 - 15 % better almost every time.

So ... now who is gonna get harassed for a video of everyone's run!? Didn't see anyone volunteer this time! :P
Old 03-30-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eradan
So ... now who is gonna get harassed for a video of everyone's run!? Didn't see anyone volunteer this time! :P
hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ken in AZ
Here's Jason's run with the blown intercooler boot, and the death defying dyno dog!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdlFh7oi9aI
The "Death Defying Dyno Dog" belongs to me. Her name is TJ, and for a girl, she's pretty ballsy!

I put down 417HP and 800 Ft/lbs with my truck on level 9 SMARTY.
I just floored it when he told me go, I didn't know any of the "Fancy" Dyno driving tricks. I was still pretty happy with those numbers.

Edit: was able to get files to work.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/software.aspx

Go here and download the client, save it to desktop and save all your dyno files to desktop, and it should show it.

HiddenValleyHVAC on the Cummins Forum said that the guys at Dyno chip had found some problems and said we can come back next weekend and dyno for free. I think my horse numbers are right but torque is off... The red mega is runnin pretty much the same stuff and had almost identical horsepower curves so I am gonna go off his 950 torque
Is this true? I was one of the earlier trucks to dyno and would like to dyno again to see if I can hit my goal of 300....
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 AM

This was posted on TDR after I asked how some were running on the dyno with automatics. I posted a question about if running lockup controllers/mystery switches also helped control downshifts to get a lower rpm launch for a 3rd lockup pull... Even some of the trucks that put down higher numbers may still have even been off due to this...

"I am assuming this was a Dyno jet apparatus. If it was a mustang then you have another problem.

Your short on the TQ because you were running in drive and not OD. You need to load the motor as much as possible in OD to get the full TQ readings across the rpm range. Even a with a brake most of the DynoJets can't load the motor enough to get full readings.

Forget the 1500 rpm runs, unless you run a TNT R tune or Crazy Larry, these engines derate starting at 1800 rpms and at 1500 they are 50% or more derated. The auto trucks are made to run and pull above 1800 rpm's so use that as a baseline.

Yes, the lockup switch will make a big difference in your runs. It allows you to lock it into OD with no downshifts and get a good map. I run the truck up until it is locked in OD then start applying brake and throttle to get some boost into the motor, remeber these things severally derate fueling under 12 psi. Once I have about 15 psi built I give the operater the nod to start the data collection and floor it.

Smarty #7 with moderate TQ management it runs ~ 450 HP 900 TQ with rpm's running from 1800 to 3200. "
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM

wildcat,
I do not see anything in you signature that looks like a high performance fuel pump. Could it be you are running out of fuel pressure? I have a FASS that pumps 150 gpm. I also heard that 5" exhaust doesn't help a engine with stock turbo, may hurt a bit.
Ron

Quick Reply: The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ