AZDTR #20 Forum for the Arizona Chapter #20

The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, even though I had to leave early, that was a good time I do however think that the torque numbers on the early first few rounds (including mine) where quite a bit off I think it was a combo of being an unloaded dyno and probably some mistakes getting the RPM sensor synchronized with the truck. But besides that, it was fun and was nice to meet some of you guys.

There will be a dyno in Sholow on April 19th. I'll get some more information on it and let you all know. Jason, order some injectors and get those turbos spooling! And get some intercooler boots and clamps, that was pretty good bang Thanks for the t-shirts, that made my girlfriend's day
Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM

so who had the highest hp and tq today?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Well, even though I had to leave early, that was a good time I do however think that the torque numbers on the early first few rounds (including mine) where quite a bit off I think it was a combo of being an unloaded dyno and probably some mistakes getting the RPM sensor synchronized with the truck. But besides that, it was fun and was nice to meet some of you guys.

There will be a dyno in Sholow on April 19th. I'll get some more information on it and let you all know. Jason, order some injectors and get those turbos spooling! And get some intercooler boots and clamps, that was pretty good bang Thanks for the t-shirts, that made my girlfriend's day
I hope thats the case, I was a bit bummed by my numbers...
Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 PM

I was happy for the most part with my numbers, even though my last run was a bust thanks to the #6 exhaust rocker coming loose.

Has anyone been able to read their dyno runs, the website in the email wont load for me.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I think it was a combo of being an unloaded dyno
On the last dyno day, I put down 388/822 with my smarty on 9 with the 4.4 beta, so I'm not convinced with mustang dynos either.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM

I'm trying to upload some videos to youtube but my internet is being dumpy...might have to wait till monday to get them going
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM

Well I think dynoing with an auto without being able to truly load the engine with a Hardwired Lockup switch from 1100rpm was most peoples problems. I ran on that same dyno a month prior and pulled 48Xhp and 1118tq so I beleive the dyno was very accurate for my mods
Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 PM

I know, post hog...but i think the shocker of the day was the fully stock 6.7 laying over 300hp and high 500's in torque - all with a squeaky clean tailpipe. Durring one of his runs I put my hand in the exhaust stream for a secong and then smelled it....didn't smell like anything and absoloutley no soot - lol
Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ken in AZ
I know, post hog...but i think the shocker of the day was the fully stock 6.7 laying over 300hp and high 500's in torque - all with a squeaky clean tailpipe. Durring one of his runs I put my hand in the exhaust stream for a secong and then smelled it....didn't smell like anything and absoloutley no soot - lol
now thats pretty impressive
Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Here's Jason's run with the blown intercooler boot, and the death defying dyno dog!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdlFh7oi9aI
Old 03-29-2008, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rob C
I was happy for the most part with my numbers, even though my last run was a bust thanks to the #6 exhaust rocker coming loose.

Has anyone been able to read their dyno runs, the website in the email wont load for me.
The website has a program download for some software that will read the files sent to us from Keith. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped and ran the setup but was still unable to read the files from Keith. I called him about it and he said his computer was stripping the files before attaching them to the emails. He was still running folks on the dyno so I let him get back to work and he could fix it later. I hope he doesn't forget. I had some pretty nice numbers and I would like to have the proof with the dyno sheets.

Who was that old man with the stock looking silver quadcab that put down 463 hp and 951 torque? Oh, yeah, that was me!

There were some folks that were asking me about my mods. Being old and forgetful, you will have to refer to my signature. It is pretty much in order as to when I put them on the truck. I also had one of the first Bully Dog Power Pups, but sold it when I got the Smarty (also one of the first). I have had the truck almost 4 years and you cannot expect me to remember everything.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 PM

HAHAHHA last time it was Josh blowing boots, this time its Jason, looks like Truck Werks needs to learn how to tighten boot clamps!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 AM

Dyno Day Photos

My first Dyno day and I had a great time, here's a few shots of some of the runs.

Jason from Truck Werks

Good smoke from the Duley

Don't know who this was, but I like the truck.

Ron, here's your run in the stock looking Quad cab, great smoke!!

RMS
Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Yeah Ken, I think your right about lockup switches on the auto trucks. But I still dont see how that Mega cab with the stacks (sorry, forgot your name!) put down 950 ft/lbs, while I only put down 783 with pretty much the same mods, minus the tranny. He wasnt running a lockup controller, but that still wouldnt prevent low RPM kickdown. Im pretty sure they tried to brake the dyno when he started his run, and that may have helped him build lower RPM boost and pull the torque numbers. Now I really wish I bought a 6-spd

I know with 06 and newer dodges a Star Scan you can lock in a gear, like the GM tech scanner with the chevys. Thats nice for a dyno, just lock it in 3rd and drop to almost idle and punch it. Anyone know of any way to hold 3rd lockup without getting a kickdown to 2nd gear? I know a lockup controller or a mystery switch will hold lockup, but wont they still kick down a gear?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Im the guy with the stacked mega cab, I have to go look at the files and see which one was the best, but I think it was the one that I did a straight 2000 rpm pull. It was kinda funny when he braked the dyno it went a little crazy when I got on it lol! Thanks Jason for putting on the show...I laugh every time someone blows a boot, I dunno why its so funny to me but it scares the **** outta everyone lol!

Oh and if you have anymore pictures of my truck could you possibly pm me so you could email them to me? Thanks!

Quick Reply: The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ