AZDTR #20 Forum for the Arizona Chapter #20

The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ

It's about time we do another meet and greet, don't you guys think?

The weather is just about perfect this time of year!

I'm going to throw out a couple of options that I'd like some feedback on from you guys.

First, would be location. The three places I thought of would be:

A Diesel/Truck oriented Shop. For example, the last one was held at Truck Werks. This is great because you get to meet and hang out with a local vendor who runs a business that entails working on your truck, in addition to meeting and hanging out with fellow enthusiasts. Also, Jason with Truck Werks was gracious enough to open his shop up to us, and allow us to work on our trucks if we wanted. Really Cool!

A Dyno shop. We could check with a local Dyno shop and get permission to hold the meet and greet at their facility. In exchange, we would probably have to run our trucks on their dyno for a fee. (Ohh, Darn!) This may seem to have limited interest at first, appealing only to those who have modified their trucks, but when you consider throwing your truck on the Dyno prior to modification to get a baseline of performance, it becomes appealing to everyone who is or will be modifying for "Performance" reasons.

Any outdoor place, like a City Park, A Lake, even someplace with a little more isolation, so we don't have to worry as much about bothering others when someone decides to do a burnout, or just blow some smoke. If this option is appealing, there are a few places in particular I have in mind.

Next would be When?

I'm thinking Soon, like, let's pick a Saturday or Sunday in March. If we have trouble deciding, on a date, or a venue, it might get pushed back to April.

Last, would be the details of the BBQ.

This time, I think we should try a "Pot Luck" style BBQ. Everyone bring something to throw on the grille, a side dish, and your choice of beverage.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM

Sounds good to me I am open to any of the 3 places and March is open for me except the 9th.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:54 PM

I would really like to have a "track" day but I think it may be pretty price. I am down for any reason not to work

Josh
Old 02-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Hey, I don't know a soul that subscribes to this forum. My truck is preety much stock and I'm not the biggest enthusiast but I would like to get out and meet a few of you local fellas. I'll keep my eye on this forum. If nothing else at all, I can barbeque (slow style) while you all detread tires and burn precious diesel fuel..
Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 PM

You would be welcome!
And about the only way you are going to meet anyone on this forum is to go to one of these Meet and Greets.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:18 PM

It's still a relatively new thread, but those of you that have noticed it so far, of the ideas presented, which ones appeal to you?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by PChouinard
Hey, I don't know a soul that subscribes to this forum. My truck is preety much stock and I'm not the biggest enthusiast but I would like to get out and meet a few of you local fellas. I'll keep my eye on this forum. If nothing else at all, I can barbeque (slow style) while you all detread tires and burn precious diesel fuel..
ive got a set of 245 75 16s that are almost brand new that ive been dying to peel the rubber off of

i would be down for another dyno day as long as its not at mynes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 PM

Posted this on Cummins Forum also. So far, looking pretty good to have it at a Dyno shop. Also, for purposes of planning, I think we are going to be leaning toward March 29th.

Anyone else wanna play?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:01 PM

I spoke with Keith at Arizona Dyno Chip today. I told him what our "Basic" plan was. I told him we were tentatively thinking of doing this on March 29th. I told him we would be bringing our own stuff to BBQ, and a pot luck side dish (Chips, salsa, potato salad, Beans, Whatever...) and our own drinks.

He said the rates for 2wd are $45 4wd is $65, but that is only if you run on all 4 rollers. If you have a 4wd, but run it in 2wd, he'll give you the 2wd price.
I thought it was cool you could run on the Dyno in 4wd.
He said right now, March 29th is open, and he has us "penciled" in. If another club definitely wants the date before he hears back from me, he'll have to give it to them.

He also said we need to run at least 10 trucks on the Dyno for him to reserve the day for us. I told him I would get with you guys and get input on all those interested. He said he didn't have a problem with more people showing up to watch, socialize, BBQ, etc.

Right now, I need to find out who all is interested in running on the Dyno, and who is interested in just coming down, and hanging out.

Please post up if interested!

Once I have 10 people interested, I'll firm things up with him and reserve the date with a definite. More than 10 people can run, I just need 10 to get the ball rolling.

This is going to be Great!

Arizona Dyno Chip is located at 513 N 54th street Suite #5, in Chandler (Basicly, I-10 and Chandler Blvd. Saturday hours are 9AM-6PM.

More info, a map etc. can be found on his web page:
http://www.arizonadynochip.com/
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the PM Wildcat. I most likely will not be able to make it, I was planning on going to Colorado thank weekend. If anything changes and I dont go I will be there. I wont put my truck on the dyno though. My buisness partner would strap up his dmax. I will let you know
Old 02-28-2008, 11:16 PM

I know I said this on the other forum but count me in!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Pod Boy (on hiatus)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I'm down for any location / food arangment. Just that the Mopars At The Strip car show is that weekend, so I would not be able to attend. Any other weekend is good. I would love to get a good baseline on my truck before I start doing mods to it as well. If the dates are changed, definately count me in. I had a real blast at Truck Werks.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Mega07, I looked for your post, but didn't find it
Are you going to be on the Dyno, or just attending?

So Far...

On the Dyno (And the BBQ):

Wildcat
greatwhitehope
Kwilkinson
CumminsFan
Big Nate
whereswaldo250

On the Fence (Tentative):

gator6 (Thanks for serving!)
capall

Attending for BBQ:

dieselpower7.3
Old 02-28-2008, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wildcat thanks for setting this up I will be there, I may be able to dyno when I figure out my turbo trouble.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:31 AM

i will be there and i might dyno, not sure yet,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Next Arizona Meet and BBQ