ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

May 8/2010 Mopar Classic show and shine

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a few repeat pics..Good thing we had the show yesterday...Today its cloudy and the some rain has fallen..
Old 05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple more.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It was a great afternoon!!

All the trucks looked great. Nice meeting a few new guys & seeing everyone again. Although for the 1st hour I just had eyes for Brad's new twin turbos!
You know you are too focused when you spend more time checking out turbo's than checking out girls!

Huge thanks to Diesel Dave for organizing & making this event happen.

Thanks to Brad for spending a ton of time talking turbos with me & taking me for a test drive. Those DDP twins are awesome!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigd450
DW were did you get that hood liner? I like it.

Alot of sweet looking trucks there! I am with Mike though I would have to park my beat up rig around the corner. Maybe if I ever get all the hail damage fixed. Anybody ever replaced a roof skin?
WWW.atpwrap.com,they offer a full quiet kit for us guys with the louder Cummins but i just bought the hood linear(400.00US about 5 years ago)Very quality stuff as they do quite a bit for US navy ships with wrapping the engins/heat issues.Mine weighs about 25LBS and the stitching is top notch.------PS once Brad gets his studs in that dually and can drive it hard---- man that truck is going fly down the highway.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
WWW.atpwrap.com,they offer a full quiet kit for us guys with the louder Cummins but i just bought the hood linear(400.00US about 5 years ago)Very quality stuff as they do quite a bit for US navy ships with wrapping the engins/heat issues.Mine weighs about 25LBS and the stitching is top notch.------PS once Brad gets his studs in that dually and can drive it hard---- man that truck is going fly down the highway.

hahaha yeah i can't wait. on a side note i drove kyle's truck yesterday and was quite impressed with it. I've never driven a 24v until now and the responsiveness blew me away. He's only running a juice w/ attitude but it sure was alot of fun to drive. definitely need to do this more often for sure
Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
The Guru

bigd, I did do a few decent burnouts yesterday at few of the traffic lights. I heard thru the grape vine, you got some special injectors built up You putting on a P pump or a monster pump..sad thing was that your truck was one of the nicest rides prior to the hail storm. Mines just rusty beasty, with no interior panels on my rear quad doors. That truck will just haul.

As for the roof, it might be a nicer job if you just replace the cab. My doors are getting pretty good and rusty. I'll sand blast my door sometime this summer and use some POR15 on the them. Spray bomb on some white paint over the POR15. nothing fancy, but will stop the rust monster until I have some extra $$$ to do my truck up.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, nice trucks guys.. They look really sharp! My fave is still DW, love that colour.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
bigd, I did do a few decent burnouts yesterday at few of the traffic lights. I heard thru the grape vine, you got some special injectors built up You putting on a P pump or a monster pump..sad thing was that your truck was one of the nicest rides prior to the hail storm. Mines just rusty beasty, with no interior panels on my rear quad doors. That truck will just haul.

As for the roof, it might be a nicer job if you just replace the cab. My doors are getting pretty good and rusty. I'll sand blast my door sometime this summer and use some POR15 on the them. Spray bomb on some white paint over the POR15. nothing fancy, but will stop the rust monster until I have some extra $$$ to do my truck up.
Yeah hopefully when I get home in June I will have some new injectors waiting for me. From what I have found out so far I dont know if F1's are worth the money.

Not touching the pump yet but I am turbo shopping. Any body have a comp wheel for a He351ve or a super hx40?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM
The Guru

BigD, I can probably fix you up. Just let me know what you want. I hate to say this, but sometimes it cheaper to just buy a new turbo or just go the twins route. The S300's aren't to badly priced here locally. You have a camshaft in the truck? It sure wake up the motor up in the higher engine rpm's.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
BigD, I can probably fix you up. Just let me know what you want. I hate to say this, but sometimes it cheaper to just buy a new turbo or just go the twins route. The S300's aren't to badly priced here locally. You have a camshaft in the truck? It sure wake up the motor up in the higher engine rpm's.
Haha I have talked to Harry about a stage 3 cam but dont quite feel like tearing into it. Yet..
Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Wow, nice trucks guys.. They look really sharp! My fave is still DW, love that colour.
Thankyou---believe it or not but most first asked questions about the truck are is that the original color.YES---DODGE PB3.Maybe the 8-10 hours prep time has something to do with it,wax twice a year since the beginning needed or not.Mrs likes burgundy or Chevy new deep purple/black.DW
Old 05-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Great show, trucks all looked wicked! I'm still laughing in my head at those mechanics that had to ask if brads truck had twins after peering under the hood for a few minutes...

Just curious, anyone snap a pic of my truck all twisted up on that ramp??
Old 05-10-2010, 09:04 PM
The Guru

Fred, its good to see you driving the truck again. The truck looks good buddy. Sounds like I miss out on another fun afternoon.