ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

June Dyno Dayz In Red Deer???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Quick update.

Talked to VEX Tuning last night on the phone, planning for an evening meet on Thursday night (Jamie, are you available?).

Anyhow, we were going to run as many trucks as we can in the day. The price was $100 a run. Thats for the standard hookup, test run and then probably 2 or three repeatable runs.

The dyno.. Now this is good, its a DynoDynamics dyno! This is the unit that PDR has in their shop and is a drastic improvement on the Mustang dyno. It is not an inerita dyno like the DynoJet. The specs are a dual retarder roller system capable of over 2000 hp. The owner has ordered a special IRS system (strap system) to add additional vertical holding force on the rolls.

I know Piers spec'd out this unit specifically when he was at PDR for its abiltiy to be repeatable and hold pretty decent power.

June 7 is still the date and the unit will be outside their shop, its portable so weather may play a factor in the event. We hope not!

After our little chat on Thursday we will get all the details mashed out for the max amount of trucks we can run and get the sign up list for him.

It will be good... No sponsors, just some good ol fun!
Good work Jason. We all appreciate it.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM

just found a garret turbo sitting on my deck open to public, not sure when ups left it there sure am glad i found it not someone else. Hopefully i can get these installs done before then.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't you love UPS?? Those same clowns delivered my $100K engine analyser to my old address without even ringing the bell. Good thing I know who bought the place..
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Quick update.

Talked to VEX Tuning last night on the phone, planning for an evening meet on Thursday night (Jamie, are you available?).

Anyhow, we were going to run as many trucks as we can in the day. The price was $100 a run. Thats for the standard hookup, test run and then probably 2 or three repeatable runs.

The dyno.. Now this is good, its a DynoDynamics dyno! This is the unit that PDR has in their shop and is a drastic improvement on the Mustang dyno. It is not an inerita dyno like the DynoJet. The specs are a dual retarder roller system capable of over 2000 hp. The owner has ordered a special IRS system (strap system) to add additional vertical holding force on the rolls.

I know Piers spec'd out this unit specifically when he was at PDR for its abiltiy to be repeatable and hold pretty decent power.

June 7 is still the date and the unit will be outside their shop, its portable so weather may play a factor in the event. We hope not!

After our little chat on Thursday we will get all the details mashed out for the max amount of trucks we can run and get the sign up list for him.

It will be good... No sponsors, just some good ol fun!
Jason, what time do you think for Thursday night? I'm camping out by Rocky then but I can come and join if need be as it's quick to get back to Red Deer.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM
The Guru

Kev, if you just lost your front clutches that not so bad. I doubt that all but you could get lucky. You dissembling it yourself? What type of metal and how big are the pieces in the pan? Take pictures it would be interesting to see what failed. My last tranny I broke the intermediate shaft at the driving shell and sun gear area. The rear thrust bearing broke in half. I couldn't get the transmission apart . The entire unit was scrapped except for the OD unit and billet output shaft. Clutch material and metal was pulled into the valve body causing the valve body to stop working and jam.

I'm not running the dyno, I just found out that my head or head gasket is leaking mega air (boost) into the engine, I have to see how fast I can get a head re-done. I thought that I smelt excessive blow-by when I was driving. The little breakage stuff is starting to drive me crazy. Nothing that a little beer wont fix. See everyone at the meet.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Mike, I dont think I broke any hard parts. I havent dropped the pan yet,(no time yet) but I would bet that there would be a bunch of fibers. If I were a betting man, I would say that the tranny jumped into third gear when I went to launch.

Kevin
Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 AM

Sorry I can't make it on Thursday to Vex, gone camping and 4x4'n Jason, gonna see if I can break my Powerwagon!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No worries Jamie.. Have fun out there!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 PM

Wheres the Northern boys meeting up on the Saturday morning? I'll be getting laid off that morning, so I'll be cruising south. Somewhere in the Leduc area?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm out...........working that weekend.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Tate,I'm coming from fort saskatchewan. Maybe Nisku truck stop??, who else is coming from the north?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cummins610
Tate,I'm coming from fort saskatchewan. Maybe Nisku truck stop??, who else is coming from the north?
Works for me, I'll be coming from Devon.