4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wife is steaming mad...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Into a 2002 Grand Cherokee.. This mod will have to wait till we move. Which should be June if all goes well. I need to buy her a new Subaru. Then the GC is mine to drive.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Dude I am patting you on the back right now that will be a Badass swap!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM

My wife is all for it too.. she is a diesel geek kinda..
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Now thats downright awesome my friend u got a keeper there!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM

yes sir.. She helps me butcher deer and elk.. pluck chickens clean grouse.. We have a good size garden and dang can she bake a mean loaf of cheese bread.. Now to add to it all.. There will be one more little dutchman in this world.. I guess i should keep the tradition my father started (really its just a excuse to buy another gun) When i was born my father bought me a 22 and let me use it with his supervision when i turned 10.. he gave it to me when i turned 16.. Its the best 22 around.. I know where there is the same gun.. New .. I better get it so i can keep mine.. I knew dad liked that 22 lots so i had bought him a new one also a few years back. These Marlin 39a's are sweet little guns..
Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 PM

Sounds like your life is pretty darn great and have u had the kid yet or he on the way and congrats!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM

On the way sir.. on the way.. Looks like he/she may be born near my birthday.. Life is good.. Yes sir life is good..
Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Well Thats pretty darn awesome man!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM

WEll.. its not my truck.. but dads.. Its a 3/4 ton LongHorn.. Check engine light is on for the 8th time now.. all under 8000 kms. My ole man is getting hella ******.. Even mentioned to me about calling his lawyer ... Friday should be interesting..
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 AM

Well I heres to luck bein on your side man!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:06 AM

Well.. Dodge reset the engine light then tells him.. are you ready for this.. To change his driving habits. That they where NOT going to do anything else but keep clearing the code light.. Dad looked at me with a lose for words.. So.. I took the ball and ran with it. I asked for the store manager.. Father the shop manager and the store manager and i had a chat about it. It was going in circles.. The shop manager says to dad.. Leave your truck with us. we will drive it till the code comes back on. Again my father looks at me.. says to me did he really just say that. I looked at the store manager said to him.. If this is so odd and you expect my father to leave his truck behind.. Buy it back.. enough of this bs. He agreed to put a new exhaust on it as its a code with the exhaust system. He wouldnt tell me the code it showed though.. The last time it took 800 kms for the code to come up.. They knew this, yet expected my father to leave his new truck behind for that long.. I was really impressed with these guys till now..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by Grand Geek
Well.. Dodge reset the engine light then tells him.. are you ready for this.. To change his driving habits. That they where NOT going to do anything else but keep clearing the code light.. Dad looked at me with a lose for words.. So.. I took the ball and ran with it. I asked for the store manager.. Father the shop manager and the store manager and i had a chat about it. It was going in circles.. The shop manager says to dad.. Leave your truck with us. we will drive it till the code comes back on. Again my father looks at me.. says to me did he really just say that. I looked at the store manager said to him.. If this is so odd and you expect my father to leave his truck behind.. Buy it back.. enough of this bs. He agreed to put a new exhaust on it as its a code with the exhaust system. He wouldnt tell me the code it showed though.. The last time it took 800 kms for the code to come up.. They knew this, yet expected my father to leave his new truck behind for that long.. I was really impressed with these guys till now..
Just do the delete, these newer trucks with the fancy new exhaust don't like guys that idle the trucks all day. My 2010 had a check engine light on when I drove off the dealer lot. My crank sensor was faulty, dodge just wanted to do did a re-flash, but I'm smarter than most, I bought a new crank sensor. 5mins later no problem.

My truck only does the death wooble on heavily rutted roads, which is almost every road these days in the great white north.

Have you figured out the fob system yet? Classic piece of work there.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM

Darn I think I'll stick with my simple 1st gens for now anyways
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Mike.. my ole man has been driving these trucks for a long time. His 2011 cummins work truck never gave him a ounce of problems.. nor did his late 07.. He drives and treats this one the same.. its nothing but a pile of crap.. I know he wont delete it. He will drive it threw the show room front doors before that happens. Today in talking with him he said he called his lawyer when he got up yesterday.. Sounds like he is more "upset" then i thought. I will delete my 11 when i get the funds.. I'm starting a new job soon but the commute is going to eat some cash..

DJ.. i would love to find a nice second gen and set it up for driving every day.. I may still end up in a jeep tj.. i would prefer a cj but thats how things go...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM

Yea them CJs are rare! I want one too with a big block V8 haha but thats years from now Shocker Mechanical of Camrose built a sick CJ for a guy its in their show room right now! and yea I wanna buy a second gen now I drove on on saturday and I liked it haha and thats to bad he seems to have gotten what could be a lemon hope things work out for him

Quick Reply: Wife is steaming mad...