4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wife is steaming mad...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grand Geek
Kidrod.. search deathwobble dodge truck on you tube .. Sadly i'm getting used to it. i'm waiting for the front end to blow up so the csa and a few other "organizations" can go after dodge for selling some that is so horrific to drive. I'll get flack for this comment.. I wish ford had the cummins in their truck.. Or i wish i had bought a 04 dually long bed stick..
Don't go to Ferd if you're looking to get rid of death wobble. Company truck, F 350 4x4 crew gasser, 2008, only about 50k highway miles, pizza cutter tires had a bad case of the shakes.
It's not a brand thing, it's the right combo of worn front end parts, road conditions and big tires/lift only accentuate the problem.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No fixee.. My truck is (other then the B&W turn over) 100 percent stock... Maybe this thing will implode and i can go back to driving jeeps.. pay folks to haul for me..
Don't get a real Jeep either. Another buddy with a new 4 door TJ, lift, 35" MTR's, got the wobble too.

I have 100k on my 07, stock original suspension except 5100 shocks and 285's or 33's and it's been good. Drives straight, no bad tire wear, no death wobble (thank god, it's my wife's kid carrier). It did lunch a steering box at about 70k, but that was a bad shuttle valve, mad it tough to steer when it only wanted to turn left!).
Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kidrod.. search deathwobble dodge truck on you tube .. Sadly i'm getting used to it. i'm waiting for the front end to blow up so the csa and a few other "organizations" can go after dodge for selling some that is so horrific to drive. I'll get flack for this comment.. I wish ford had the cummins in their truck.. Or i wish i had bought a 04 dually long bed stick..
Amen!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ranchertx
Actually the problem is not the straight axle it is the axle and the coil springs. As the track bar wears, it allows the axle more movement side to side.
I have had it a few times on gen two trucks and new track bars always took care of it.
You can buy a MOOG track bar for less than $200 and it has a lifetime warranty. Takes less than 1 hr to install.
first time it happened was under 7000 kms.. This is actually bs.. BIG TIME..
Old 03-21-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Grit Dog
Don't go to Ferd if you're looking to get rid of death wobble. Company truck, F 350 4x4 crew gasser, 2008, only about 50k highway miles, pizza cutter tires had a bad case of the shakes.
It's not a brand thing, it's the right combo of worn front end parts, road conditions and big tires/lift only accentuate the problem.
well ford sucks ALSO huh Its NOT worn parts thats doing this.. its poor building on DODGES part. this truck is /was new to me off the lot.. never modded.. a tad under 5000 miles of pavement and it did it..
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grit Dog
Don't get a real Jeep either. Another buddy with a new 4 door TJ, lift, 35" MTR's, got the wobble too.

I have 100k on my 07, stock original suspension except 5100 shocks and 285's or 33's and it's been good. Drives straight, no bad tire wear, no death wobble (thank god, it's my wife's kid carrier). It did lunch a steering box at about 70k, but that was a bad shuttle valve, mad it tough to steer when it only wanted to turn left!).
When i say jeep.. I mean AMC.. Not Chrysler jeep junk .. I have a 1966cj6 that needs a restore job.. a 74cj5 that needs some tlc..

My 04 cummins crew cab short box single rear wheel 1 ton NEVER did this to me. 303000 kms on it when i sold it.. first set of ball joints.. shocks and a few sets of ujoints.. that's it..
Old 03-21-2012, 05:09 PM

Well today it popped up the check engine light.. so tomorrow I will be at Dodge in Camrose at 8am for its check up.. can't wait to hear what sunshine they try to blow somewhere. I priced out the H&S downloader.. Looks like i can scrape up that cash as i am selling some stuff outta my garage... Next will be the exhaust tube, then the egr delete.. Then i will have fun installing it all.. But first i need to reinstall the front diff in my wifes grand cherokee. Then i can have my garage bay back for fixen stuff..
Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 AM

Well today it popped up the check engine light.. so tomorrow I will be at Dodge in Camrose at 8am for its check up.. can't wait to hear what sunshine they try to blow somewhere. I priced out the H&S downloader.. Looks like i can scrape up that cash as i am selling some stuff outta my garage... Next will be the exhaust tube, then the egr delete.. Then i will have fun installing it all.. But first i need to reinstall the front diff in my wifes grand cherokee. Then i can have my garage bay back for fixen stuff..
Hey Geek u in town all day I am in Camrose most of the day tomorrow wanna get a coffee?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Turbo.
Hey Geek u in town all day I am in Camrose most of the day tomorrow wanna get a coffee?
Sounds good if you get this
Message. I'm at dodge. Wearing a blue vest. Gerald is the name.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 AM

These fellas ( dodge) nice folks just came and told me there is no high idle feature on the truck with the g56. Also no factory remote starter for the truck.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM

Lol don't u love dealers? and I would have made it in but I woke up feeling real crappy
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Freedom they got er done
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Freedom ford?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Noo... I was handed my keys back.. hence.. Freedom.. to go..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 PM

Haha dumb me I should have known that and they fixed the death wobble problem?

Quick Reply: Wife is steaming mad...