4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wife is steaming mad...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nooo... death wobble is not fixed.. They are bringing in parts to fix it they said.. I'll see em tomorrow morning..
Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 AM

good luck with the wobble. ive tried replacing everthing at least once or twice. i had it for over a 100,000 miles. it even ruined my hood. i finaly said i was done messing around and put hydraulic steering assist on from redneck ram. the steering is awesome and tight now.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 AM

Hope it goes good geek
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Well appointment is for 1pm tomorrow (wed) At least this place is close to JD.. I wish JD would build a truck with a cummins in it.. I'd buy that in a heart beat as long as i could choose a color other then green.. Looks like i'll be having a late lunch at Timmies across the road from Dodge. Blue vest black hat if any one is interested in a bs session.. They are replacing my steering damper and the tie rod..

Floridacracker.. that ram assist got rid of the wobble for you? Would you say its slop in the steering components that make the wobble? Do you think a steering box brace would help any? I need this truck to be as solid as my 04 was.. I'd really rather not pile this truck up.. Well.. i'd rather not be in it when it piles up, wrecks hurt to much...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked under a 4th gen dodge...Thats some heavy bars and they still death wobble...The only thing I could consider is the steering box...But a steering from Redhead...Thats if they started rebuilding such a new box.But that may kill your warranty..Hope the dealer parts work...I guess we will know after Wed....
Old 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM

If killing my warranty meant i could confidently drive across bumps on the highway with my stock trailer or flat deck.. Bye bye warranty.. I know we used to drill a hole in the jeep steering boxes for a hydro assist.. I just might look into this.. plus a steering box brace.. I'm at a point of wanting to pay others to haul my cattle.. and thats just wrong. I was also wondering what you guys think of this... Building better, stronger control arms.. ditch those flexy bottom ones. They look smaller then what i had on my jeep wrangler..
Old 03-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Any updates??? Did the dealer parts fix it..??
Old 03-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Howdy Dave.. I wanted to give it a few days.. As the day they fixed it i was to busy to go and drive those spots that i know that send it into a fit.. Well.. They changed out the Recall part and installed a new steering stabilizer, Amazing difference. Still not as sure footed as my fathers 3/4 ton dodge (2011 year) truck.. BUT across the worst bump its down to a very mellow shake and it smoothens out. I have yet to have my trailer on. They did say they checked the wheel aliment also. Camrose Chrysler.. You guys rock.. They will get all my buisness till i move to far away to go there.. At this rate i'm thinking i would have to be a couple hundred miles.. When they book you in its for a certain time. I mean They have a chosen mechanic for your truck and its in at that time. They block off certain amount of time for their guys to work. None of that you have a appointment at 8am and it gets looked at at 2pm.. Again.. Camrose Chrysler.. Fantastic shop. fantastic Shop foreman. Fantastic service writers.. Just a nice all around group of folks.

Now.. I would still like this as solid as my other truck.. So i am looking into other things i ca do, build to help it out. BUT i have to say I sure have no regrets in buying this truck now.. Yup.. black lung sucks.. BUT Its a cummins.. all others suck.. Don't get on my **** over that.. You can like what you like This is a cummins site.. I love my cummins. It wont (none of mine have ever) left me stranded.. Two lift pumps in my 04 went. Dodge retrieved my truck from hell and gone and fixed it. This one at 49000 and change has had one check engine light on. It was due to dirty mass air flow sensor. Check your air filters often fellas as i am sure thats what tossed that code. It let a tad bit of dust in and Tossed the light on..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 AM

Good to know I will give camrose my business from now on then! and glad to hear the prob is roughly fixed also u coming to the gtg in red deer tomorrow mornin?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Sorry DJ i have to get my wifes jeep back together so she can use it for work this week.. If i dont i get to drive her around in Edmonton all day monday with my dually.. sound like fun?? lol
Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Nope fair enough man hope that goes smoothly
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Got the jeep done.. Will be at Dodge in Camrose for a wheel aliment with it. If your around i'll be the guy with the dog.. lol ( a actual dog)..

Appointment is at 2pm..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM

Good to hear the dealership is helping their customers.....
Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Good to hear the dealership is helping their customers.....
They are even dog friendly...

I can't wait to see their face when i stuff a 4BT with a five speed and a passenger side front output tcase.. I'm sure confusion will ensue..
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Whats this said 4bt headin into?

Quick Reply: Wife is steaming mad...