4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

New 2014 3500 Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New 2014 3500 Laramie

Jut traded my 2010 3500 Laramie for a 2014 3500 Laramie SRW with the Aisin tranny. There are not a lot of these vehicles available but was able to find one and the deal was good enough for me. It is a dealer transfer so am not sure what the colour looks like but is called Prairie Pearl, with light frost beige interior. I don't like black or white trucks and that is all the dealer had so was lucky to find one and especially with the Aisin tranny. I will get it in the next couple of days.

I do have a question that maybe someone can help me with. Is there a way transfer all my downloaded music from my old vehicle to the new one? I really don't want to go back to the old way of downloading all my discs. It was a real pain.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I too am trading my 2010 in for a 14. I'm staying with a DRW, but it is a HO truck.

I think you should be able to put all your music on a large USB device to take it off the existing radio.

Will-
Old 08-08-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider304
Wow, I too am trading my 2010 in for a 14. I'm staying with a DRW, but it is a HO truck.

I think you should be able to put all your music on a large USB device to take it off the existing radio.

Will-
Thanks, I pick up the truck this afternoon. I also did a check on the music thing and was told that I could not download onto a memory stick and load on the new truck and as I am not a audiophile so I just deleted all my songs and will re-load.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 PM

I picked up my truck this afternoon and then the rain hit, fortunately no hail but it was sure pouring.
I was not sure on the colour as I had not seen it in person, but it is really nice and am glad I got it.
Now I have to go through the manual and DVD as there is a lot of differences from my 2010 Laramie.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Albertaguy
Jut traded my 2010 3500 Laramie for a 2014 3500 Laramie SRW with the Aisin tranny. There are not a lot of these vehicles available but was able to find one and the deal was good enough for me. It is a dealer transfer so am not sure what the colour looks like but is called Prairie Pearl, with light frost beige interior. I don't like black or white trucks and that is all the dealer had so was lucky to find one and especially with the Aisin tranny. I will get it in the next couple of days.

I do have a question that maybe someone can help me with. Is there a way transfer all my downloaded music from my old vehicle to the new one? I really don't want to go back to the old way of downloading all my discs. It was a real pain.

Congrats. on your find and purchase. Had dealers checking 3500 SRW Aisin's for me also...2 weeks and found 1 in the U.S. In my case it made more sense and cents to order a '15 so now we wait...
Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4 Roundup
Congrats. on your find and purchase. Had dealers checking 3500 SRW Aisin's for me also...2 weeks and found 1 in the U.S. In my case it made more sense and cents to order a '15 so now we wait...
Thanks, I have spent most of the evening going over the manual and watching the DVD.

As this is a Canadian version we don't get a lot of the perks regarding Sirius radio that is available in the States and all I was looking for is how to download all my CD's into the system and unless I am missing something
, I can't find it. I will go back to the dealer tomorrow and get one of the young guys to show this old bird how to do it.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Albertaguy
Thanks, I have spent most of the evening going over the manual and watching the DVD.

As this is a Canadian version we don't get a lot of the perks regarding Sirius radio that is available in the States and all I was looking for is how to download all my CD's into the system and unless I am missing something
, I can't find it. I will go back to the dealer tomorrow and get one of the young guys to show this old bird how to do it.
You probably have to have the remote CD player in the console to be able to transfer CD's to your radio, but am not 100% sure. It would seem that the USB stick would be the quickest way though.

Joe
Old 08-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Joezilla
You probably have to have the remote CD player in the console to be able to transfer CD's to your radio, but am not 100% sure. It would seem that the USB stick would be the quickest way though.

Joe
I do have the remote CD player in the console but it sure would be nice if Dodge had put a chapter in the manual on it like it did on my 2010 Laramie.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:59 AM

I have now had my truck for 3 weeks now and love it. Their new trucks do not have the Hard drive like my 2010 did, so I ended up downloading my music onto my computer and then transferring it to my Smartphone.
I found it too distracting trying to change my music from one artist to another, so I put my music on a SD card and this does the trick and safer too.

I found there was a update for the U-connect and Nav system and had that done the other day and also there was a recall on the keyfob which was flashed as well.

The voice recognition is working better than before but the old 2010 one was much better.

I do my cabin filter mod today.