4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bumper cockeyed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper cockeyed

The bumper on my truck didn't seem to sit right. Recently I realized the whole thing was an inch or more towards the drivers side. Dealer loosened the bolts and tried shoving it the other way. Couldn't. Took it off and found a mounting bolt hole that was supposed to be oblong for adjusments, wasn't. Drilled it out and the bumper sits perfectly with the fenders, and grill.
BUT now the tow hooks are off that inch. When I pointed that out to dealer, he told me that there is no adjusting these. Does anyone know if this is true or are they blowin smoke at me?? (At 69 yrs old I figure the easiest way to find out is to ask.)
Old 08-24-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
We recently installed after market bumpers on my sons 2013, this needed the tow hooks removed there was no adjustment for these, which is really what you want. You need the strength of a round bolt hole rather than an elongated hole. After installing the new bumper it too was off about 1/2 inch but no adjustment so we used a 10lb sledge on the bumper attach arms.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by way up north
The bumper on my truck didn't seem to sit right. Recently I realized the whole thing was an inch or more towards the drivers side. Dealer loosened the bolts and tried shoving it the other way. Couldn't. Took it off and found a mounting bolt hole that was supposed to be oblong for adjusments, wasn't. Drilled it out and the bumper sits perfectly with the fenders, and grill.
BUT now the tow hooks are off that inch. When I pointed that out to dealer, he told me that there is no adjusting these. Does anyone know if this is true or are they blowin smoke at me?? (At 69 yrs old I figure the easiest way to find out is to ask.)
I must give a close look to my 2 week old 2014 3500. You have to wonder how this escaped the final inspection at the factory. I would demand it either be fixed or a new truck.

I factory ordered a 2001 300M and after delivery it was found that it did not contain side airbags that I had specifically ordered. It was discovered about a week after I took possession, and they ordered me a new car and I got to drive the original car until the new one came in.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess when you think about it, it makes sense that there is no adjustments on the tow hooks which are bolted to the end of the frame. Now I'm wondering if the whole cab is cockeyed on the frame. I wonder if Chrysler would reply to an email on the subject. Think I will give them a try.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
The truck may have been dropped in transit, perhaps have someone drive behind you and see if it tracks straight.