4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

body builder's sheet for custom body

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body builder's sheet for custom body

We're planning an extended camping trip next summer. Since the camper we need doesn't exist, I'm going to have to build it. What I plan to do is temporarily remove the pickup box and install a chassis-mounted camper.

I'd like to start building it as soon as possible. The problem is, I just ordered the truck, so I won't have it for 3 months. To build the camper without the truck to use as a reference, I need the body-builder's sheet, showing the shape of the frame, location of the body mounts, etc.

Does anybody have this sheet or know where to go to download it? It must exist, because Chrysler offers a box-delete option for this truck, although the credit for it is so ridiculously small I doubt if ayone has ever ordered it. The dealer agreed it must exist and promised to look for it, but I havn't heard back from him. Of course I'll keep bugging him, but meanwhile, I might have better luck here.

The truck is (will be) a 2500, crew cab, 8 foot box (169" wheel base), 4x4, all of which probably affect the frame details.