4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bed Cover

Old 12-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Cover

Just traded my '07 Ram 2500 5.9 for a '11 Ram 2500 6.7 earlier this week. I plan on getting a spray in bedliner in the next few months and right now I'm looking at getting a toneau cover. Whats the best cover to get that will fit the truck perfect and look like a factory item? Will it work with the plastic trim around the top edges of the bed left in place?

Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 AM

I've always used the Access bed cover. They will work with the bed rail caps. They are very durable and are high quality. I had one for over five years on my last truck and no signs of wear or fading.

http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...s/category/C9/
Old 12-04-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll 2nd the Access cover I just installed 1 a cpl months ago and I love it.I got the access limited cover.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 AM

I have a retrax, this is the 2nd truck its on, very smooth and keeps things dry
Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 AM

When I researched which tonneau cover to buy I narrowed the list down to 3 covers: Access Cover, Retrax, and Fold-a-Cover. I believe all three of these covers are well made but they each have their own pro's and con's. You really have to decide how you will use your truck bed to decide which cover is best for you. The Retrax offers the simplest access but you give up the front of the bed. It is more difficult to access the bed with the Access Cover, but you have more complete access to the bed than the other covers. However, if you want to use the front of the bed you have to roll the cover completely to the front. The Fold-a-Cover offers easier access to the front and rear of the bed than the Access Cover but more difficult access than the Retrax. My previous cover was a Fold-a-Cover. I was fairly happy with it but wanted to try something different so I bought an Access Cover. As soon as it arrived and I got it out of the box, I decided it would not work for me so I returned it. The Access Cover rails that attach to the side of the truck bed stand up about an 1.5 inches above the top of the bed. I pull a 5th Wheel Camper and I was concerned that the camper and rails might come in contact when going over humps. I was disappointed because I really wanted to try the access cover based on the great reviews. Anyhow, I ended up getting another fold a cover because I knew it would work for the way I use my truck bed. Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by burlhall
When I researched which tonneau cover to buy I narrowed the list down to 3 covers: Access Cover, Retrax, and Fold-a-Cover. I believe all three of these covers are well made but they each have their own pro's and con's. You really have to decide how you will use your truck bed to decide which cover is best for you. The Retrax offers the simplest access but you give up the front of the bed. It is more difficult to access the bed with the Access Cover, but you have more complete access to the bed than the other covers. However, if you want to use the front of the bed you have to roll the cover completely to the front. The Fold-a-Cover offers easier access to the front and rear of the bed than the Access Cover but more difficult access than the Retrax. My previous cover was a Fold-a-Cover. I was fairly happy with it but wanted to try something different so I bought an Access Cover. As soon as it arrived and I got it out of the box, I decided it would not work for me so I returned it. The Access Cover rails that attach to the side of the truck bed stand up about an 1.5 inches above the top of the bed. I pull a 5th Wheel Camper and I was concerned that the camper and rails might come in contact when going over humps. I was disappointed because I really wanted to try the access cover based on the great reviews. Anyhow, I ended up getting another fold a cover because I knew it would work for the way I use my truck bed. Good luck with your decision.
My currant access cover is 8 years old, I have kept it and installed it on 3 trucks. My first one was on for 6 years and the velcro was failing so I sold it with the truck. My currant one still looks good and the velcro still holds it down, imagine that. It has a little wear but it should last a few more years. Access also make a low ride cover for the 5th wheel crowd.http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...category/C103/
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

I just put a Truxedo Edge on my 2010 & LOVE it. Works great with the factory plastic trim around the bed rails, rolls up easy for full access to the bed & is weather tight.