4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well I'm un-deleted......

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm un-deleted......

Got a little paranoid about the delete measures mother Mopar is going to. Don't want to be without warranty when towing out of country. So off with the delete pipe and tune.
On the up side the trucks pulls better through the middle with the stock tune back in. Sluggish on take off compared to the 60 hp tune.
Tow/haul and the E brake work better stock as well.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
If your truck will run without throwing codes all the time in the winter and you can get a "reasonable" oil change interval from it without the oil looking like black water then I don't really see the point of being deleted in the first place. From what I am led to believe the moment you hook a programmer up it leaves a trace that is not reversible and the dealer can readily see so warranty is kind of up in the air anyway. My son's truck is out of warranty due mileage but we are going to return to stock as well just to get the delete bits for the next truck in case it operates the same as the 2011 did. I wouldn't "bank" on getting warranty for any power train repairs though.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM

I realize it leaves a fingerprint in the ECU. My local dealer said it wasn't a problem to be deleted, but, If I had a problem anywhere but home I would be screwed. Not worth 'deleting' the warranty. only ran the tune for 6000kms on 60 hp.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM

I had the same thought as you, not wanting to lose my warranty. I ended up deleting it and in addition to the increased fuel economy, the temperatures are lower and the truck runs better.

However, I understand your reasoning since you will be out of the country. The only thing I fear is that since the fingerprint is left on your ECU, another dealer will see that and not grant your warranty. Just a heads up, not saying that will happen.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

I think I will take it in to my dealer and have him hook it up. If Ram "deletes" my warranty, it will all go back on.
At least this way I'll know either way.....
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by krusty 2
I think I will take it in to my dealer and have him hook it up. If Ram "deletes" my warranty, it will all go back on.
At least this way I'll know either way.....
Careful, it's my understanding that if the dealer connects the star scan tool it will upload the latest flash, which contains a bootloader lock and you won't be able to re-delete.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by SOhappy
Careful, it's my understanding that if the dealer connects the star scan tool it will upload the latest flash, which contains a bootloader lock and you won't be able to re-delete.
Excuse my stupidity on this... Are you saying if i delete my truck and take it in to dodge and they attach their programmer to my truck it deletes my delete and i could never again delete my truck again?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Grand Geek
Excuse my stupidity on this... Are you saying if i delete my truck and take it in to dodge and they attach their programmer to my truck it deletes my delete and i could never again delete my truck again?
Yes, that's the current belief. You'd also have to put all the emissions hardware back on for it to run properly.

Check out this thread for more info:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...e-t309594.html
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM

Well.. I pulled the trigger on a Smarty today.. Picked up a few other goodies also.. I sold a cow and calf to upgrade the truck.. Looks like Dodge can kiss my hairy..... I wont be stepping back in there. BUT.. My father might so i suggested he not do it.. Well he bought a kit for his truck.. it's resting in his basement till his warrenty is up..

Thanks for the info guys..
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Keep all the bits that fall off in case you want to reinstall them. My son priced a DPF locally and it was $4500 CD
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM

I will.. right beside a gunsafe.. lol More art work for my wife to look at then look at me with anger in her eyes.. Gun safe is in the TV room hahahaha