4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

on a stock truck...Airdog?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run a Catapillar filter after the air dog. That's a 2 Micron. So double filtering is even better. The Cat filter has a separator in it too. Every now and then I find a couple of drops in there too. I drain about once a month
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM

How long does it take to install?? Anything a PIA to do?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redlineguy
How long does it take to install?? Anything a PIA to do?
I am **** so it takes me a few hours.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Takes several hours. You need to drop the tank for the draw straw and install the mounting bracket. Once the tank is done, it goes pretty quick.

Make sure the hose is positioned not to chaif.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Takes several hours. You need to drop the tank for the draw straw and install the mounting bracket. Once the tank is done, it goes pretty quick.

Make sure the hose is positioned not to chaif.
draw straw not used anymore (at least on FASS pumps). they are too much of a pain in the rear. majority of the 1/4 tank issues is due to the draw straw sucking air at the plastic/metal union. Just like poking a hole in your buddies straw while he is drinking a coke. when its full, its easy to pull the cola out. lower the glass gets the harder said buddy has to work to get any cola. same theory with a draw straw (THEY SUCK LOL)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
draw straw not used anymore (at least on FASS pumps). they are too much of a pain in the rear. majority of the 1/4 tank issues is due to the draw straw sucking air at the plastic/metal union. Just like poking a hole in your buddies straw while he is drinking a coke. when its full, its easy to pull the cola out. lower the glass gets the harder said buddy has to work to get any cola. same theory with a draw straw (THEY SUCK LOL)
whatcha recommend?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
whatcha recommend?
both FASS and Airdog have a new fuel pickup system that is retro'd right into the stock fuel canister. no more drilling your tank, uses OEM feed line fitting on the canister as the return (no more cutting filler neck hose from what I am being told) which returns fuel into the canister basket which keeps the basket full of fuel at all times. I am waiting on the new system from FASS as they are just releasing it but the bad thing is that everyone that has pumps in stock will be getting rid of their old stock first so you will probably get a draw straw that comes with the kit until old stock is depleted and new stock (with retro kit included) is on the shelves. all of the FASS pumps come with the new retro kit (june 1st production and newer) as they all came with the draw straw before. that is why the price increase as of June 1 for FASS.

I am just waiting to see one first hand as to wether I will use it or not.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Chapter President

oh, did a platinum on a 2011 dodge dually a few weeks ago. FASS stepped it up and on the harness its TOTAL plug and play. no more cutting and splicing into the factory harness for the trigger wire. they "Y'd" the factory fuel can harness so its a click click done
Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
Yeah, I forgot that. It's been a while since I put mine in obviously. Last I knew it was an option