4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Looking for a full up programmer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a full up programmer

2010 dodge ram 6.7L

Looking for a full up factory like programmer that will allow me to program key fobs, and adjust any parameter or option on the ECU. Not looking for just a tuner, I want to be able to adjust all the options on the vehicle

Thanks

Mike in Tucson
Old 10-25-2014, 05:03 PM

ECU programmer

Basically looking for the programmer used at the dealership, or equivalent
Old 10-26-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
To get exactly what you are after you will have to fork over thousands of dollars for the wiTECH system. Companies like Drewtech and AutoEnginuity offer an ecm reprogrammer to perform ONLY emissions related programming using the latest firmware from TechAuthority.com. Unlike Drewtech, AutoEnginuity also has a scan tool that allows you to perform a ton of diagnostic functions, but none that allows programming keys, which is what I have and it works phenomenally well--it is just not quite dealer level diagnostics, but close.

Because Chrysler will not allow dealer level diagnostics with anything but their tools, it limits what companies such as Drewtech and AE can do. If Chrysler ever allows dealer level access, Drewtech's CarDAQ would be the tool I would get. In the mean time, I use the AE ScanTool and have been very impressed by what it can do. I have a thread somewhere on here from when I first got the device. It interfaces very well with the majority of the systems.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:13 PM

Just bought the AE system with the Chrysler enhancement package. How do you use it to change some of the vehicle configurations, like seat belt minder, etc. Cant figure out what screens to go to that allow config changes

Thanks

Mike in Tucson
Old 12-06-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by TucsonDiesel
Just bought the AE system with the Chrysler enhancement package. How do you use it to change some of the vehicle configurations, like seat belt minder, etc. Cant figure out what screens to go to that allow config changes

Thanks

Mike in Tucson
All I can say right now is to not be afraid to jump through the menus. My laptop is dead otherwise I'd go out to the truck and make a good write up. A lot of what I discovered was through trial and error. The main system you select from one of the first screens will allow access to different systems through one of the tabs at the top. I noticed last night AE released a new and enhanced software called Giotto (v13). I requested the update but I'm not sure how different it is from 12.1. Once I get a new laptop and am able to get the software up and going again, I will do a detailed writeup about how to navigate all the menus and change different settings on the truck. Do note that there will be settings that can be turned on in the TIPM that will not necessarily enable that particular feature on the truck without additional hardware to support it.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:08 AM

Thanks. They sent me the latest software, the Giotto. I also sent a message to their customer support, should hear back on Monday. Will post here what I find out. I did spend some time with it and it looks like you can look at all the sensors and settings, just trying to figure out how to modify the configurations.

Will keep you updated

Mike
Old 12-17-2014, 02:07 PM

Sorry I haven't been able to reply until now. Got a new laptop last weekend and installed Giotto. In order to make changes to any of the systems, the tab you have to use is the "Test OnBoard System" tab. However, you must select the appropriate vehicle system (TIPM) in order to change systems like the seat belt minder. I don't remember the specific categories (under "Automated System Testing") at the moment (change system configuration?) and hit initiate and use the arrows to the right to move the arrow up or down in the window below it, then click enter or confirm. If ever in doubt, just scroll to the bottom to exit. I have a short weekend this weekend, but I'll try to make time to hook up the ScanTool and grab screen shots to post with brief explanation.