4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Lets Talk Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Blake, I talked to Caleb and of course he wants me to send my truck to him. That's not going to happen.

I am following this thread and will more than likely be ordering a combo this week. I am either going with a single similar to what you are describing here, or, maybe a twins set-up. I am clueless but I know I need a new turbine
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Yeah Mike this is the two kits Im looking at.

Source has this

http://sourceautomotive.biz/67lsingl...ersionkit.aspx

With a off the shelf S466 (cast) for 2300. Billet for 3200. (Turbo and install goodies, mani etc, included in both of those prices)

Fleece has this

http://www.fleeceperformance.com/pro...8886690a4.aspx

With there custom S466 Billet that Caleb swears will outspool the stocker is 3800.

Just trying to decide what is the best bang for my buck. Dont mind droppin 3800 on the Fleece kit, Ive got the cash saved, just curious if it really will outperform and off the shelf BW cast wheel turbo or if its a waste of money.
Nice and Fancy kits buddy. Unless you plan to run big sticks, I would get a smaller turbo for a stick truck. I've drove a few manual trucks with big singles. I'm cheap, I would just run the S366 that $600, it already has the 90 deg elbow and a 3.5 in HX-40 exhaust fits the turbine housing. The 5.9L 12V would start to spool the S366 T-4 0.91 at 2000 rpm's, after that hang on till you see the boost peg the 60psi boost gauge but we could fuel till 4000 rpm's
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Just ordered my 3rd Gen PDI manifold with the Industrial Injection Silver 66 turbo. I should have info up 1 week after it arrives. I expect to run at around 45 PSI. Once I get some testing I will consider 125hp Nozzles
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Cant wait to see how you like that thing!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
The Guru

Hate to say this, but sure would miss the eb on the stock turbo. Been runing mine almost non-stop this week. Been hauling heavy trailer in the mountains with the slush/snow, been quite impressed with my near stock 2010 truck for towing capacities. I know for sure I'm going to run the stock EB on my truck. Probably going to build my own twins for it. Some hills I was pulling 4-6 psi of boost during EB braking at times.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 AM

Im not above sticking a PacBrake weeper setup on mine. Will just have to see how it works out when it gets released.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

I am 100% GOING TO install an aftermarket EB wired into the factory button. I love how an EB works.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
The Guru

Keep us posted guys. I'm so jealous, I really want to see what this truck can do with a decent turbo. The S366/0.90 T-4 or the S467/0.91 T-4 would be perfect. Just wished I had a SBC3600 and a G56. I would be running dual CP's, and bigger sticks.

Just saving money up for the built RFE68, been nervous if it can handle the power from a real 6.7L, really don't want to run a RE47 in a daily driver tow rig.

I have spare injectors/nozzles for the 6.7L, had a set of stock nozzles 35% oversized done for sometime now. Same goes for the exhaust manifold/intake horn.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Mike, I hear you brother!!

I wish I had extra Nozzles (125hp). I want to do 125's to see what happens.

With buying the SS66, I just want to test. If it is not good, I will be 100% honest and post. But, for the price, you can't beat it.

If it is terrible, I will get a BW (90-100mm) Water Cooled big turbo.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tobin
I don't think you will like towing heavy with a 66mm turbo.

Tobin
Just wanted to revisit this thread.

And you were right. I dont like towing, even moderately heavy, with the 66, well 67mm turbo.

I FLIPPIN LOVE IT!

With work being so busy I aint had much time at home, ergo, not much time to do any farm work. So, the only thing I have gotten to tow since the mods finally got done was my camper. Dry weight on it is 9200lbs. I know I have at least a ton of crap in there, probably more.

My truck will literally man handle that thing. I moved it again yesterday. Not far, bout 40 miles. In the Houston area, probably 25miles of city driving and 15 miles of interstate. EGTs are manageable, actually not bad at all. Highest I saw was coming over the Fred Hartman Bridge over the Houston ship channel. Rolled into it hard and topped it at 75mph (I know, I know, speed limit aint near that), it was pulling like a semi, and EGTS barely touched 1200. Most times they would play between 900 and 1000.

Spool. Ive towed with gauges and my truck dead stock for several months before I even deleted. The setup on my truck, it spools better than stock. Spools just as low in the RPM band, spools quicker, and spools a lot higher.

This is how a truck should run.

Not to mention the looks I got going down NASA Road 1, and people craning there neck to see where that semi truck sound was coming from. I even got a couple of nice smiles from the local ladies.

I can never go back to stock. Im smitten.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:22 PM
The Guru

Those S467 turbos are pretty sweet set-up and are priced right.

You ever get a chance to dyno that rocket Mr. Blake
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 AM

Not yet Mike

Between work, and the new addition to the family, I aint had a chance to breath, much less do anything else....
Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 AM

Talking

So I know this is an old post but I was going through it before I made up my mind on turbo to buy and I had the II SB 66 and manifold on order, then I changed my mind and Ordered the II Add a turbo kit with II 100 nozzles, with a whole bunch of other parts. I ordered the GDP pro gate 38mm wastegate I hope it fits. (probably should have ordered the II 50mm wastegate set up) and everything should be shipped on Tuesday so see it not this week but next week. Then head down to Mr Holmen's place and start turning wrenches. (And meet all the boys)

I am so glad I joined this forum because all you guys are so informed on what works and what doesn't. (Mr. Blake I mean you as well)

Also do some ceramic coding as per Mike's Idea to keep the heat down. But no dyno till trans get put in I think. See how the funds are and maybe put the new head in from Mike as well that is all fired ringed and ready to go. Maybe springs as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
The Guru

Should be an awesome build buddy can't wait.

I'm building up a set of twins for my 02. Its S475/83 T-6 AR 1.1 (might throw a billet wheel onto the turbo, if I can find one on the cheap) and a HE351CW (internal wastegate). I'm opening up the internal gate some as the stocker is tiny. I'm also thinking about trying out a borg warner K-31 (71-72mm inducer) and 80mm turbine (internal gated and T-6 AR 1.28). Hoping to throw a set of twins on the truck for less than $800.

The ceramic coating works/looks awesome as well. Prevents the metal from looking rusty iron.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM

So parts should be here Monday and can't wait. I also cancelled the pro gate and ordered the II waste gate so it should bolt on better.

Ya your truck should go pretty good with that twin set up. We will post pics of our builds.

Quick Reply: Lets Talk Turbos