4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I made it home after 8 months..........

Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here are the photos of the factory intake manifold and intake plenum/grid heater. Remember, I was FULLY DELETED at less than 1,000 miles and right now the truck has 13,000 miles on it. So, unlike some of the photos I have seen these are not too bad. They still have some serious SOOT on them though.

What is amazing is the super restrictive intake manifold. The intake opening is only about 1-1/2" in width. I cannot believe these trucks make so much power, STOCK, with very little breathing capability.

STAND BY FOR photos of the turbo manifold, turbo, upgraded CP3, and injector installation photos. (Probably about 2-3 weeks from now.)
Attached Thumbnails I made it home after 8 months..........-dscn1910.jpg   I made it home after 8 months..........-dscn1917.jpg   I made it home after 8 months..........-dscn1920.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
E5B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good!

Yeah, I couldn't believe the soot buildup in my EGR after only 11k. Unreal.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
The Guru

New2Diesel, did you install a liberty fuel canister? or just delete the factory fuel pump? I see that your running an aftermarket fuel pump. I've been meaning to do a fass 150 installation myself, as I plan to run twin cp3's
Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
New2Diesel, did you install a liberty fuel canister? or just delete the factory fuel pump? I see that your running an aftermarket fuel pump. I've been meaning to do a fass 150 installation myself, as I plan to run twin cp3's
Tim Barber from TRE Diesel dropped my factory tank and removed the factory fuel pump and all associated un-necessary wiring/piping. I would have done the same but since I was deployed I simply sent the truck to him with some guidance about what I wanted. As far as I am concerned, that is all extra weight.

10lbs=1hp

Therefore I want all the extra hp I can get.

As far as your twin CP3 comment, I was thinking just getting a modded CP3???

I am getting a new manifold and turbo so I really am not schooled on the CP3 mods. I am trying to learn though.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM

Hey Bro, Are you running a CAI? After you changed the intake horn for the GDP, did you notice any change in performance?

I want to drop the EGTs as much as possible while towing, so I'm trying to decide if either will give me any help to that end.

Your work has to be making a real difference in the life and power of yours. Great Job!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
Hey Bro, Are you running a CAI? After you changed the intake horn for the GDP, did you notice any change in performance?

I want to drop the EGTs as much as possible while towing, so I'm trying to decide if either will give me any help to that end.

Your work has to be making a real difference in the life and power of yours. Great Job!
I am not running a CAI!! There is no quantifiable results that show it makes any difference what so ever. I did completely gut my factory box though.

As far as my testing, there have been ZERO performance gains in the installation of the intake horn or the Air Boss 67.

I want to be perfectly clear, based off of my current mods, there have been ZERO benefits to installing the intake manifold, plenum, nor deleting the grid heater. Obviously flow is much better but as far as readout from the gauges and mini maxx, I have seen no difference. Nothing greater than 50deg.

With that said, the factory turbo is terrible. Based on my research and discussions on my lack of gains, due to the fact that I am running aggressive turbo tuning the turbo is heating EGT's up too much at 36psi. I am about to install a new manifold and turbo to test even further. Once that is done I hope I see results.

One thing is for sure, with ARP 625's installed there is no worry to seeing 36+lbs of boost.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll make the studs my next move. Looking at the specs for the 425's and 625's theres not a lot of tensile strength difference between them (220k vs 260k), about 8.5%. I have no idea what the stock studs are rated as. Guess I need to do a lot more research.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

I am not an expert on the tensile strengths of the 425/625 comparison. I am sure there is research somewhere that states what kind of boost each were tested at. Still have yet to push my truck over 36 PSI. With the turbo and manifold replacement I should be around 42 PSI though. Still not a problem for the 625's
Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

UPDATE:

Guess what just arrived!!! Hell Bent Steel 2" leveling kit with the sway bar drop kit and the steering stabilizer. Also got the Bilstein 5100 2" over stock shocks with the Bilstein steering stabilizer shock. Top Gunz Customz 1" rear lift blocks also came in.

Nitto Dura Grappler 285/75-17's will be on the stock wheels.

Also, here's the fun part, PDI turbo manifold and Industrial Injection Silver 66 turbo.

The next photos will be of all this swapped out and installed on the truck. Expect me to run 45PSI for a little and see what the EGT's do.

Now that we know with the factory turbo and all my other mods you cannot run a "Wild" or "Hot" tune, lets see what happens with the new turbo.

Uh, did someone say signature change?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
The Guru

Nice tires, keep us posted. I want to run the same tire, but the LT285/55R20. Been thinking about running a long arm kit/rear traction bars, but I use my truck for work, so it pains me to say its not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

I tried to post pics yesterday but have been having some issues with my card reader. Wife gets home tomorrow and will fix the problem.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FOR ALL: The Nitto Dura Grappler 285/75-17 WILL NOT scrub any portion of the truck at "Full Turn". I have a 100% stock suspension and stock wheels and the tires fit flawlessly.

I will still be doing a leveling kit but wanted to get the word out.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by New2Diesel
UPDATE:

Now that we know with the factory turbo and all my other mods you cannot run a "Wild" or "Hot" tune, lets see what happens with the new turbo.

Uh, did someone say signature change?
What happens when you are on wild or hot? I guess I missed a update.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

On "Wild" or "Hot" I immediately hit over 1400deg.

I don't even try it anymore. I just did it after my latest installs. Once I install my new manifold and turbo I will let you know how things went.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 PM

Thats strange, I don't ever see any temps any where close to that.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

I am running the Aggressive turbo tuning. I see 36 PSI at WOT. With the SS66 that I am installing I expect to hit 45-50 PSI. Or at least that is what I am told. I am here to test it out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I made it home after 8 months..........