4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H&S Mini Max Defuel settings???

Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
H&S Mini Max Defuel settings???

Couple questions....

Just deleted my 2012 6.7L and have H&S Mini Maxx with Trans Unlock. I have a stock turbo and injectors but ARP 425 head studs. I was wondering what defuel settings you guys were running? I don't want to blow anything up...just wondering what would be the best?

Also is it worth getting the MCC Unlock? and what does that do for me?

I also updated it and have the 4 new power settings (performance, street, tow, etc) is that any change from the past power settings (wild, hot, mild etc)?
Old 11-12-2014, 02:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by shlen
Couple questions....

Just deleted my 2012 6.7L and have H&S Mini Maxx with Trans Unlock. I have a stock turbo and injectors but ARP 425 head studs. I was wondering what defuel settings you guys were running? I don't want to blow anything up...just wondering what would be the best?

Also is it worth getting the MCC Unlock? and what does that do for me?

I also updated it and have the 4 new power settings (performance, street, tow, etc) is that any change from the past power settings (wild, hot, mild etc)?
I defuel at 28psi with stock studs. Busboy I believe runs 36 which I think is the factory rating. I haven't had a single problem. I also have the EGT defuel set around 1250 F. You could more than likely bump it up safely to 36 psi or higher.

MCC is good if you want to attempt making your own tunes. If you want to get custom tunes from any number of companies, you will have to purchase MCC as well. One of the benefits is that some professional tuners can maximize power to the wheels while nearly eliminating smoke.

I think all that changed was the naming scheme. HP levels are all the same on the stock tunes.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leave ALL defuel settings off.... With the H&S the timing settings don't change on the fly with power levels on the 10-12 trucks. So when your mini maxx cuts the fuel during defuel, it doesn't retard the timing and creates high drive pressures which is hard on head gaskets. There is tons of info out there regarding the H&S defuel "issues" on the 10-12 model trucks. I suggest you do some research.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Couldn't find much info. But I will say that I have had zero issues with defueling, verified by OA. To the OP, did you ever decide on the defuel settings?
Old 11-24-2014, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
Couldn't find much info. But I will say that I have had zero issues with defueling, verified by OA. To the OP, did you ever decide on the defuel settings?
Not yet...Not back in country.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 AM

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4t...lack-maxx.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4t...st-defuel.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4t...eling-bad.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4t...xx-timing.html

few tidbits of pretty good reading that i found pretty quick. there are a lot more threads out there these are just the first ones i found. Just defuel with your right foot....
Old 11-29-2014, 09:33 AM

Thanks, motochamp250
Old 12-02-2014, 03:21 PM

No problem.. Just trying to help. Good luck and enjoy the "new" truck! haha

BTW how do you like that carli kit? been eying a 2.5 pintop kit with all the extras myself, just can't find one to ride in around where i live.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by motochamp250
No problem.. Just trying to help. Good luck and enjoy the "new" truck! haha

BTW how do you like that carli kit? been eying a 2.5 pintop kit with all the extras myself, just can't find one to ride in around where i live.
Worth every penny!!! Can't recommend it enough!!

It is an amazing system once all the bugs were worked out. It took a bit because it is a dually, but once it was all adjusted, it runs and drives better then stock. I am amazed at how smooth such a big truck is. I have been in friends with other lifts, RIZE, BDS and those just hammer your back. Now that it all is tight and good, I don't regret a thing. Every time I am in it, it is a **** eating grin from ear to ear.

- One issues is, I wish I could fit 37" tires. I have 35s and they rub the control arms at full turn (U-turns). The only way to run a larger tire on a Dually is with a front spacer. I tried and almost had a catastrophic failure. SRW don't have this issue and can run 37s on the 3" Carli lift.

- Another thing is if you plan on ever using your Dually to haul (what it was meant for) you will have to put Carli extra long air bags in as well as the 5 Leaf Progressive Add-a-Pack would be a good idea. To keep up with the suspension flex. Or she sits like a Baha truck and your carrying capability is nil/gone. I do have an onboard compressor and controls with the Carli Bags. I occasionally pull 10,000 pounds and only need to inflate my bags to 20-25psi.

- Last but not least, make sure you get it installed by guys who know what they are doing, Carli is not a lift package, it is performance suspension. Depending on what type of driving and application you are running with your truck, depends on what is needed to set up the truck and what type of system is right for you.

It is a system that smooths everything over with very little body roll, if you ever drive one, you will be amazed and the faster you take it, the more the suspension seems to like it. Like I said, you won't regret it.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by shlen
Worth every penny!!! Can't recommend it enough!!

It is an amazing system once all the bugs were worked out. It took a bit because it is a dually, but once it was all adjusted, it runs and drives better then stock. I am amazed at how smooth such a big truck is. I have been in friends with other lifts, RIZE, BDS and those just hammer your back. Now that it all is tight and good, I don't regret a thing. Every time I am in it, it is a **** eating grin from ear to ear.

- One issues is, I wish I could fit 37" tires. I have 35s and they rub the control arms at full turn (U-turns). The only way to run a larger tire on a Dually is with a front spacer. I tried and almost had a catastrophic failure. SRW don't have this issue and can run 37s on the 3" Carli lift.

- Another thing is if you plan on ever using your Dually to haul (what it was meant for) you will have to put Carli extra long air bags in as well as the 5 Leaf Progressive Add-a-Pack would be a good idea. To keep up with the suspension flex. Or she sits like a Baha truck and your carrying capability is nil/gone. I do have an onboard compressor and controls with the Carli Bags. I occasionally pull 10,000 pounds and only need to inflate my bags to 20-25psi.

- Last but not least, make sure you get it installed by guys who know what they are doing, Carli is not a lift package, it is performance suspension. Depending on what type of driving and application you are running with your truck, depends on what is needed to set up the truck and what type of system is right for you.

It is a system that smooths everything over with very little body roll, if you ever drive one, you will be amazed and the faster you take it, the more the suspension seems to like it. Like I said, you won't regret it.

Awesome! thanks for the informative post!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:22 AM

got back home...SO...defaulted all my de-fuel settings. (turned them off). I don't drive the truck hard usually...but...sometimes (when somebody is on the line and challenging) I like to put the boots to her...no issues with any highs except the turbo spooling to 38psi. Can A stock turbo handle it...or am I going to suck it in?

I guess what am I saying...does it take just seconds of a heavy foot to wreak stuff or are things stronger then I give credit for?