4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H&S EGT indication

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
H&S EGT indication

Well my mini maxx egt indication finally died, the ultra mini plug on the cable that comes from the board and plugs into the OBD2 adapter broke. Rather than buy the same one I opted for the H&S "universal" pyro kit, this uses a different board and plugs into the OBD2 adapter using a USB mini plug. I decided to keep the original sensor in the block off plate at the #6 cylinder and also drill and tap the manifold for a second source, after completed there was no EGT indication at all and the mini Maxx needed updating. After the update all worked but I was surprised at the difference in temp of the two EGT sources, both started out the exact same but there was 100 to 150 deg difference just driving around the block. Next time I'm out towing heavy I'll compare them again under load. For anyone replacing their pyro board the universal kit is far superior.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Just to update, when towing there is nearly always about 100/150 degrees difference between the #6 position blocker plate and the manifold itself, the manifold being the hotter of the two, also which I think very important is the manifold position "spools" much faster than the #6 blocker plate position meaning you will see the high temp coming that much faster and can act accordingly so as not to over temp. Having known this before I would not have installed the original first probe in the blocker plate but would have drilled and tapped the manifold to begin with, so much for trying to save work. Heads up those using the blocker plate.