4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Full delets DONE!!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autometer gauge cups and mount them to the OEM pillar handle. 2 birds 1 stone. retain handle and have gauges
Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
There is lots of information available on the OBDII port, that can't put a guage on. I wish you could data record it and be able to download the data. I aggree on the boost pressure, but that the pressure what the engine computer uses, be it right or wrong. Not sure at what point that the pressure would no longer be linear. Fuel pressure would be another good gauge to have, plus a trans temp.

The new fourth gen, there is really no good place to put the gauges. I like the grab handle on the pillar. I have gauges on my older truck, I do prefer analog gauges over the digital.

There is a Trans temp.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:33 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by redlineguy View Post
There is a Trans temp.

I know, but I don't trust it, I prefer the autometer trans temp gauge and a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. Not sure where I'm going to put the gauges yet. I would like to have them on the hood, I find that the column gauges blocks my visiablity when I drive. If I did buy a laramie, I could have put them under the dash, but I have a console there.

Redline, were are you planning on getting your transmission done at?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM

I know, but I don't trust it, I prefer the autometer trans temp gauge and a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. Not sure where I'm going to put the gauges yet. I would like to have them on the hood, I find that the column gauges blocks my visiablity when I drive. If I did buy a laramie, I could have put them under the dash, but I have a console there.

Redline, were are you planning on getting your transmission done at?

Noble High Perfromance in CT, He is working with a guy down south, (Georgia) can't rememeber. The Guy I know is very good with tranys too, He did my 04's 48re up and I ran big power from day one, 140,000 miles with NO trouble what so ever. The Guy he is dealing with I think he said it was garmin or gorman somthing like that. I Should now more in a week or so but he has one of this guys converters in his truck and said it the best one he has ever used. His truck runs 10's in the 1/4 There still working on stuff for the 68's and I have a lot of faith it will work VERY well.

Looking forward to leaving my buds in the dust. When I got my )$ working I shook them all up and then they upgraded to try and keep up. Now they will be getting a BIG Spanking again
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM
The Guru

You getting a triple disk TC? I want a high stall unit, but no one makes a decent efficent unit yet. You also getting the billet input/output shafts? I probably just going to install an aftermarket TC and get the H&S overdrive programmer. Run the stock stuff until I break it. I'm hoping to start my build on my 2010 this summer or fall. I just collecting the bits for my twins build right now.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
You getting a triple disk TC? I want a high stall unit, but no one makes a decent efficent unit yet. You also getting the billet input/output shafts? I probably just going to install an aftermarket TC and get the H&S overdrive programmer. Run the stock stuff until I break it. I'm hoping to start my build on my 2010 this summer or fall. I just collecting the bits for my twins build right now.
might reconsider your stall. these motors produce a lot in the bottom end and you want to take advantage of that. ask any converter/trans builder. the majority of them will be on the lower stall mode.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM
The Guru

Nope not going to happen. I have done a low stall TC in the past, it was a piece is junk. Low stall converters are useless, IMO. 99% of my street driving is done in OD and high gear, so its a effiency drop is a non-issue. I could never figure out why people put in low stall units to have a truck that would basically lock-up the convert at idle, and push hard on the brakes. I plan on running bigger turbos on the truck at some point later this year. I rather come out of the hole with 1800-1900rpm, than 1400 rpm's. Towing is way easier and same goes for daily driving.