4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Full delets DONE!!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK just got back!!! OMG!!! Same road, Temp about 8 deg cooler today but a little bit of wind today. Rest computer same place, brought up to 68mph put cruze on and went 28mi turn off cruz roll up off ramp.

Stock.............. 12.0 MPG went from 11.9 to 12 as I stoped.

H&S full delets. 21.6 mpg

I can't believe it myself!!! Now I know 28 miles is not the tell all but no matter how you slice this it kicks ***!! did a lot of back roads some big hills and made 7 stops and only drove about 5 miles on the highway on the way back and I got on it a LOT the rest of my trip, did 77 miles total and the computer says 17.3 right now.

Needless to say I am VERY happy.

PS this was on the wild setting also.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I could do the deletes on mine, but unfortunately living in a Texas county that requires annual emissions testing I am unable to do so.

Guess I will just have to learn to be happy with what I have...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by stidwell
I wish I could do the deletes on mine, but unfortunately living in a Texas county that requires annual emissions testing I am unable to do so.

Guess I will just have to learn to be happy with what I have...
Just put the truck back to stock when you have to go for your inspection, no?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
Payed $1348 plus shipping for all the stuff. Should be the same as a 2010 as far as I know. Should pay for its self in about a year based on 4mpg gain and 15,000 mi per year. quicker if I gain more(it looks like I will) MPG or you drive more.
Can you post a list of parts? Options considered ect.?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
JAM

Guys, this is awesome news. I do have a question, is this detectable when getting service work done? I’m a tad nervous about the warranty work? I was under the assumption that people waiting on the new Smarty was due to it being undetectable. Honestly, I don’t know squat about diesel, but this is great news and certainly worth the $1300.

I’m ready to pull trigger now, just need to have some confidence that I will still be under warranty.

Thanks
JAM
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel
Can you post a list of parts? Options considered ect.?

Mini Max
EGR/Cooler delete kit
DPF delete (down pipe and straight pipe)
Cap kit (to cover unpluged sencers)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by JAM
Guys, this is awesome news. I do have a question, is this detectable when getting service work done? I’m a tad nervous about the warranty work? I was under the assumption that people waiting on the new Smarty was due to it being undetectable. Honestly, I don’t know squat about diesel, but this is great news and certainly worth the $1300.

I’m ready to pull trigger now, just need to have some confidence that I will still be under warranty.

Thanks
JAM
Bad news is I think the dealer would know even if u take it all off and go back to stock. If your dealer is cool and its not a motor warranty issue they should look the other way. as for the motor I don't see the cummins haveing issues, Electrical/computer isues who knows.

All I can say is I am VERY happy with it and don't plan to look back.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoSparkplugs
Just put the truck back to stock when you have to go for your inspection, no?
Honestly,

I don't know how much work is associated changing the truck back to stock. Do you have any clue?

Will it take me 4-6 hours to put the junk back on for a 30 minute inspection?

Sorry I'm kind of ignorant about it.

Advise or help would be appreciated.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM

stidwell.. i was told if it looks like all the clamps and bolts look like they have been messed with dodge will void your warranty. They know whats all out there for aftermarket kits.. If your dealer isn't a good one you will be left out to dry for warranty claims..
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM

Dealer And Warranty

Hmmm..how does one find out if a Dealer is a "good" one or not? I asked the service person at the dealer I bought my truck from about deletes and her response was "huh - what do you mean?"
Bought my truck at Sherwood Dodge - any one from around the edmonton area have any expeirence with this place?

Waiting for my quote on the full delete package - think i might go ahed regardless - MPG is too big of a gain to ignore - I have lots of friends who are good with diesels and drink beer
Old 05-07-2011, 09:47 AM
The Guru

You don't need to take off all those parts under the hood to have the truck deleted. The egr cooler and the egr soleniod can stay in place. You just need to remove the DPF/cat to get the truck deleted. That part is easy to put back in/out for dealer visits. My truck been that way for over a year now. No issues. Been meaning to install a 2nd gen manifold and dump the stock manifold and air horn, but you don't need to do that to delete your truck. As for putting stuff on/off for warranty, just be carefull on how the truck comes apart, and you'll have no issues re-installing them. Most people just hack off of the emission stuff, with no hope of going back to stock.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Who is everyone dealing with when picking up the delete kits pricewise? I am leaning towards a H&S Mini Max as possible going with a complete 4" turbo back MBRP T304 system
Old 05-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
I guess it comes down to me being old school and wanting actual gauges to monitor.

Does this mean if you use the H & S system your factory dash gauges don't work? and you have to watch the digital read out on the H & S controller you keep in the truck? And in advance if yes, all the gauges or which ones?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
no. the factory gauges still work. I am just old school and like analog gauges such as EGT, Trans and Boost. the tuners such as H&S read off of what the ECM is seeing (other than EGT since there is no probe on the dodges from the factory like the ford does) and as far as I am concerned they are not all that accurate.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
The Guru

There is lots of information available on the OBDII port, that can't put a guage on. I wish you could data record it and be able to download the data. I aggree on the boost pressure, but that the pressure what the engine computer uses, be it right or wrong. Not sure at what point that the pressure would no longer be linear. Fuel pressure would be another good gauge to have, plus a trans temp.

The new fourth gen, there is really no good place to put the gauges. I like the grab handle on the pillar. I have gauges on my older truck, I do prefer analog gauges over the digital.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full delets DONE!!