4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Found a loop hole for afe bladerunner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found a loop hole for afe bladerunner

I was doing some pricing on parts for my 14 and googled afe bladerunner intake and with google usually they have a whole bunch of sites and then at the too or side they have pictires with prices that you can click on and itll take you to the site. I found an afe bladerunner intake that has the egr option so that way you can still keep your egr on for $314.99 without gaskets. I called 4wheelparts.com and they said it was $379.99 like all other places i had looked, i had told the guy what it said it was online for the $314.99 and he said he couldnt change the price but to buy it online and they will warrant the price. I double checked the part number with him that was listed and it was the same that would fit my truck. So i bought it and they only took $314.99 out of my account which i was watching closely to see if they would warrant the price or not. So since i had no gaskets i started looking everywhere and most places wanted around $40-$45 shipped for the 3 gaskets. I found a place online called dieselstorm.com that has all 3 gaskets, for all 3 shipped was $27.69. So with that being said i spent a total of $342.68 for everything shipped instead of the $419 that everyone wants for the afe bladerunner intake and gaskets shipped. Figured id give the guys that want to keep their egr for now a heads up!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
So let me get this straight.....you found a product that was accidentally mis-priced but they were kind enough to honor the price even though they are losing money on the deal and to thank them for their honesty (they could have refused to sell it) you decide why not hammer them with LOTS of orders so they can lose a TON of money before the web guy can get in there and fix it?...

Is that about the gist of things?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not trying to start anything and i didnt think about it like that i was just simply telling people so they could save some money like i did.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
With all the crap about mfg fixed pricing, if they priced it, I highly doubt they are "losing" anything, they simply aren't making as much as they normally would.

I think if they're willing to stand behind the misprint, they might be a company worth dealing with. And good on them.

This bs about "if you buy our product at a lower price than xXxX, we won't honour the warranty, because you didn't get our product from an authorized vendor" is another cop out. The mfg has already made their money from the vendor, how much the vendor chooses to make should be entirely up to them. I see our friends at a very reputable clutch company are doing that now. Makes me re think buying any more of their stuff.

Congrats on finding a good price, and they, maybe they'll sell enough volume to make up for the perceived "loss".

Things are never so bad that they couldn't be made worse.