3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

aFe BladeRunner

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aFe BladeRunner

Anybody got experience with this addition? Help out much? Sure looks interesting and I had done a lot of mods but added one of their Turbo Boost pipes yesterday and was amazed how much difference that made.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 AM

below 2k rpm torque was very noticeable, i like mine
Old 12-09-2007, 09:06 AM

I'm sort of brain dead and need to look around before I ask some questions it seems! Found where somebody else had added one but more performance data is really what I was wanting.

Does it seem to help with mpg's? Torque addition would be a big help and just freeing up the motor performance is what I'm really wanting to do. Let it work easier in a nutshell.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:38 AM

I don’t know how true it is but I've heard/read somewhere that this thing is made in China. Wow with all the quality issues coming from China recently imagine if a small piece of that blade falls off and pass through the grid heater get ingested by the engine.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 AM

Yeah, that would be ugly but from looking at drawings I'm not sure if the vanes would be that fragile. It just seems to me to be an awful lot of money for a big "if" as to what it will really do. We all have the air coming in but I know on my exhaust, I left the CAT on becuase of warranty issues so that has to be the restriction. If that is the restriction then I am not sure pumping air in any faster will help since it's not being expelled any faster. One day that CAT need to go away or be replaced with a free flowing one but that one day isn't until the mfg warranty expires.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by PRO-NRA
I don’t know how true it is but I've heard/read somewhere that this thing is made in China. Wow with all the quality issues coming from China recently imagine if a small piece of that blade falls off and pass through the grid heater get ingested by the engine.
The vanes are cast one piece with the complete housing.

Bob
Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by dwiningernm
Yeah, that would be ugly but from looking at drawings I'm not sure if the vanes would be that fragile. It just seems to me to be an awful lot of money for a big "if" as to what it will really do. We all have the air coming in but I know on my exhaust, I left the CAT on becuase of warranty issues so that has to be the restriction. If that is the restriction then I am not sure pumping air in any faster will help since it's not being expelled any faster. One day that CAT need to go away or be replaced with a free flowing one but that one day isn't until the mfg warranty expires.
The Cat only takes about 3-4 hp,no big thing a lil egt's but that's it.
Intake dyno on a 3rd gen,stock fueling 15klb simulated load in 2nd gear (48re)

Bob
Old 12-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Very interesting output on the graph. The vanes don't look fragile to me from the section either. I was told this morning by a buddy that he felt the only advantage from this would be on the really high HP modified setups. Looks from the graph that with a stock setup you will see some return up to around 2100 RPM but then after that not much difference.