4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Park Sensor "Dirty" Message

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Sensor "Dirty" Message

I just started (for no apparent reason) getting the message that my park sensors needed cleaning -altho they're as clean as a whistle. I removed the pintle donut from the receiver in case that was the problem (as manual says it could be), and it still gives the message. Not ALL the time tho - just most of the time. Sometimes when driving it clears itself, but as soon as I stop, it starts up saying they need to be cleaned. When I accelerate it goes away - for awhile. Looked underneath and moved the wires around - still no difference in behavior.
Anybody else have this problem? What did you do to clear it?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 PM

sounds like a problem. mine have given me the message when they were iced over or caked with mud, but thats it. Hopefully you get it figured out
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 AM

I had this problem when the connector to the sensors was disconnected. I had replaced my bumper and had forgotten to re-connect it. I'd pull the connector and re-plug it back together again to see if that clears it. There is a small harness in the bumper that the harness from the truck connects to.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by truckin-on
I had this problem when the connector to the sensors was disconnected. I had replaced my bumper and had forgotten to re-connect it. I'd pull the connector and re-plug it back together again to see if that clears it. There is a small harness in the bumper that the harness from the truck connects to.
I jiggled the connector around to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. But today I'll try disconnect and reconect and see if that helps. Since I originally had a pintle hook donut in the hitch receptacle, I wondered if maybe that was the problem, and now that I have removed I have to reset it...so maybe the reconnect will do that. Two different dealers just scratched their head when I asked if they knew of a way to reset the sensitivity.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:19 AM

...couldn't disconnect that sensor connection for the life of me - was afraid if I put any more tension on the clip that holds them together it'd break, and then I'd void the warranty...so decided just to let the dealer figure it out. Too bad there isn't a software reset - or too bad there isn't one anyone on here is privy to...
Old 05-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Took truck to dealer who ran diagnostics, found various codes (many) all pointing to a bad sensor. Tech found one to be very HOT to touch, disconnected, and all diagnostics showed fine (except for missing a sensor) after removed from circuit. Ordered new sensor - with luck will be there tomorrow (as "loaner" is a Chevy Cobalt which isn't very exciting)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 PM

glad you got it figured out and it wasnt anything big