4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

dpf 80% full

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
dpf 80% full

got the dreaded message today. ran it down the freeway and about 15 minutes later it was done. 14862 miles. first time it ever happened. good thing is that the dpf is falling off tomorrow night
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the club. I was over 20K and had been doing a lot of running back and fourth to Home Depot. Took all of three minutes on the highway...
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Chapter President

strange too. i had been running the bejesus out of it normally. pulling hard and fast but who knows. will wash it out tomorrow as the rain will be able to rinse it as it sits against the back wall of the shop outside!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM

Hi Bro - is there a way to check the condition of the dpf before this warning shows up?

Congrats on the upcoming clean-out and "visual inspection".
Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 AM

I usually drive 90% of the time highway empty. So I never thought I'd see this message. But after about three or four days of all local highway driving (lots of traffic lights) I got the message. I was right near a major highway. So I jumped on the highway and the message cleared. No problems since...
I guess that with all of that stop and go we produce a lot of soot and the trucks don't run long enough for the regen cycle to complete it's work. But I'm beting that once your at max soot level and the regen is running the message comes on to prevent you from shutting down. Hence the three minute drive cleared me up....
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While the chance of you ever putting it back on is probably slim I would go on a extra long highway drive just before pulling it to ensure it regens fully and is clean before coming off. The cleaner it is when it comes off the better it will store.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
Hi Bro - is there a way to check the condition of the dpf before this warning shows up?

Congrats on the upcoming clean-out and "visual inspection".
no wished there were.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by AH64ID
While the chance of you ever putting it back on is probably slim I would go on a extra long highway drive just before pulling it to ensure it regens fully and is clean before coming off. The cleaner it is when it comes off the better it will store.
only thing that may stop me from doing the deed is rain. it rained pretty good last night and projected for tonight too. if so, then I will be making a long haul up the east mountains near my house which is a pretty long pull. 5th gear and hammer down
Old 09-15-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
only thing that may stop me from doing the deed is rain. it rained pretty good last night and projected for tonight too. if so, then I will be making a long haul up the east mountains near my house which is a pretty long pull. 5th gear and hammer down
we didnt get any rain at all last night. I hope the weather cooperates tonight so you can git r dun
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by megacab2500
we didnt get any rain at all last night. I hope the weather cooperates tonight so you can git r dun
bout 4 we got hammered. kinda cleared up by 6 but then came down again
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
got the dreaded message today. ran it down the freeway and about 15 minutes later it was done. 14862 miles. first time it ever happened. good thing is that the dpf is falling off tomorrow night
I have almost the exact same mile on my truck as you do. Haven't gotten the message yet. Leaving today for a run to Charlotte and back, so hopefully she will be nice and blown out.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by yellowhemi
I have almost the exact same mile on my truck as you do. Haven't gotten the message yet. Leaving today for a run to Charlotte and back, so hopefully she will be nice and blown out.
my biggest problem is I live 1 mile from the shop. at lunch I usually am running errands and work it pretty good but last few days had been lazy lol. getting the remodel completed at the house since she is going up for sale next year. RV gate is getting installed right now. new crappers last night (bought anyways). i am whooped. I need a bomb party with friends to clear my head. I don't like wood and working on the house!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM

I am 20 miles one way from my whse and I guess that helps keep her clean.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Anybody shut down at loooong stop lights & drive thrus? Wonder if that would help.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Chapter President

i shut down at drive thrus sometimes but i think doing it at stoplights would cause a hazard (in case of emergency situation ie firetruck, ambulance, cop) plus it is hard on the starter et al doing it all the time.

Quick Reply: dpf 80% full