3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Window switch questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window switch questions

does anyone know what year the "auto" feature came on both the driver and passenger front windows. This is the set of switches for a QC that are on the drivers door and operated the window.

having a problem with one of them!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 PM

didn't know you could get auto down for the passenger window , but what problem are you having?
i had a problem with my passenger side switch not working when i had a passenger that wanted to put the window down, but i leart that if i moved the lock on my side, back and forth, the windon switch would then work on the passenger side.i had replaced the passenger side switch, but it didn't fix the problem, it turns out to be the drivers side switch is not working 100%
i have yet to fix it, seems to keep working. and when it won't work on the passenger side, i just lock and unlock the doors, moving the lock switch makes the passenger side window switch work again.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 PM

maybe you cant get the auto on the passengerside window........i may be mistaken on that!

the problem i am having is the other day i was rolling down my passenger side window from the driverside and when I went to roll it back up it didnt work anymore....I am talking about the driverside control to the passenger side window is now not working. all the others are working just fine and the passengerside window switch is working fine. they all worked great until now, it was weird because when it quit i was trying to roll up the window and it wounldnt go. Told my daughter to try it from the passengerside since she was sitting in the seat next to the window and it worked great.

i actually just got in the house from trying to figure out what the deal is with the actual switch. i took it all apart and was seeing what i was dealing with and to see if it was burnt up. looked good and is visually okay.

then i started thinking about somehow making it where the passenger window would have the "auto" feature as well. think I can do it but i need a spare switch set up and a little time to some soldering.

the dealer wants $69 +tax for a OEM replacement........!