3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

How does the window switch work, got problems after getting a new window.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does the window switch work, got problems after getting a new window.

Got my driver's window replaced when some XXXXXXX tried to break into my truck one more time, the gimp idiots didn't even get all the way in before noticing the blinking alarm light.

Regardless now my rear pass side rear window won't roll up. It rolled down and I had to disconnect and jump the motor to get it back up.

Plus the window guy scratched my door panel .

Can't have anything nice anymore.

It looks like the drivers side 4 way switch panel is in a bind and poking up a little, can it be as simple as just needing to take it apart and pop the connectors back in. And it wasn't just the drivers door switch that wouldn't roll it back up, also the door switch for the rear door wouldn't roll it back up.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM

It could be either switch but since the rear window is the one they worked on I suspect that's where the problem is.

There are two sets of contacts on two switches in the right rear window control.

First thing to check for is that with both the local switch and the driver switch in the neutral (not operated) position, that there is continuity from pin 1 on the right rear window switch connector to chassis ground. If there's not then your problem is that one of the switches is not making contact when in neutral. To check the rear window switch, there should be continuity between pins 1 & 2 if there is then the problem is in the drivers switch.

There should be power on pin 6 of the rear window switch connector and with the switch operated toward the up position there should be power on pin 5. Pin 1 should also be grounded at that point.

Check these things out and let me know what you find. I can walk through the rest of the circuit depending on what you find.

The wiring diagrams are at http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/200...werwindows.pdf
Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM

Much appreciated man!

I'll be taking the door panels off in about a month to change speakers and do appreciate the wiring walk through. Decided it will be better to wait to pull the panels until the speakers go in, kills 2 birds with one stone.

I'll be back revisiting this then.