3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Water leak passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water leak passenger floor

My truck is in the shop for the fourth attempt at fixing a water leak on passenger side floor. I took it in this past Monday and have yet to be contacted by the dealer, so I called them this morning. Their reply once again is cannot duplicate therefore no attempt to repair and I can come get the truck at my convenience. This truck has been leaking since 31,500 miles when I e-mailed DC customer service and voiced my displeasure. My last truck a 2001.5 Gen II did the same thing and was in the shop four times for a total of seventeen days before the windshield was removed and missing body seam sealer was found to be the culprit. The dealer supposedly had the windshield removed and resealed on this truck September 13. I am no expert but it doesn't appear to have been removed. We only had very little and light rain after this and I thought all was well. We had three days of constant rain October 21,22 and 23. I saw no water on the rubber floor mat October 21, 22 or 23. Monday morning October 24 I hopped in the truck to go to work and low and behold water drips on the floor. I got to work, called the dealer and was told to bring it in Monday October 31, which I did. Having not yet heard from the dealer I called and they informed me of the above. Come get your truck doesn't seem like a viable option to me. I next contacted DC customer service and spoke with a polite female rep. She took my VIN looked up my history and saw where I contacted them by e-mail 5/12/05 31,500 miles and told them of my leak. She stated she could do nothing more but give me a reference number and transfer me to someone else which she did. I then talked with a very rude female rep that was of no help. I will not name her at this time. She pretty much told me too bad so sad and just live with it. I told her that was not an option and surely they could arrange for a water leak expert to be dispatched to the dealer to fix this problem. She stated I must authorize the dealer to do any further diagnostics, meaning since my truck now has 37,000 miles I will have to pay for it even though it was first in for this same problem at 35,000 miles and has yet to be fixed. She also stated that the dealer must contact the district manager for any further assistance. I then called the dealer and talked to the service manager. He told me the district manager was there yesterday and would not authorize them to do anything else since they cannot duplicate the leak. The service manager said he would contact the district manager and call me back, He has yet to do so. Any ideas?