3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

starting to think my truck is posessed....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starting to think my truck is posessed....

took the kids to the mall this evening to get some clothes... Came out, hit the unlock button and got in. Was just about to put the key in to start it , when all the lights started flashing, and horn going off like I had hit the panic button, but I had not. Couldn't get it to stop for a good 20-30 seconds...

So now I start the truck and it keeps telling me I have a door ajar and won't shut off the interior lights... Checked and double checked all doors and even the hood (i was desperate)... Couple more stops on the way home, same thing.

Got home and disconnected the batteries for 30 minutes and all is fine for now..

very odd...

Bryan
Old 03-08-2008, 09:04 PM

disconnect both batteries for 15 -20 minutes then hook both back up and start it up , reset clock radio etc you should be all good !

if not pm me
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM

sounds like you've got a poltergeist, better call a Priest but seriously, you did the right thing by unhooking the batts. I've got no idea what would have caused that.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 PM

I had an issue even worse once. I had my fuse cover off and hood open overnight. It didn't rain, but there was moisture in the air.
All was fine, I drove the 54 miles to work. Shut the truck off. I get out and was talking to my workers in front of my truck and the headlights turn on. I hit my remote to lock and they turn off. Few minutes go by and they turn on again. I repeat. I told the guys to stop movin cause they were settin off my motion sensors. It happened again and one of the guys actually asked If I was serious. So for the next few hours I had to keep hitting my lock button when the lights would come on. At lunch I go out to move my truck out of the way. I start the truck, back it up, turn the key off and pull it out. Only one prob...the truck stayed running. Sure glad it's a stick, had to 3rd gear stall it out. By the end of the day all was dried out and working just fine. Been fine since.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my last truck, a ford would have the same problems, except for the light and horns going off which sounds like the new stupid safety feature to make sure that you did not get out of your truck with it in gear. anyway, when it was real cold out the door adjar light would stay on since my drivers door adjar switch would freeze up and stay open. driving around for a while with the heat on high or warmer temps would fix the problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM

i had the same exact thing happen to me about 3 times. Except my horn does not pulse, it is constant. And the rear cargo light on the instrument cluster stays on as well. i was told by a diesel tech..get out, lock the door with the key fob. unlock with the key, open the door, hit unlock on the fob. Havent tried it yet. mine has happened in -10 degree weather.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:55 PM

I have had some of the issues mentioned above. Come to find out it was the spare keys in my wifes purse. Her purse was possessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris
Old 03-09-2008, 01:39 PM

So I like the spare key theory, but the wife was 100 miles away... Moisture could be it. I drove through some very deep snow 3+ weeks back and had it everywhere, including my airbox. seems logical with the warmer weather, that some moisture may be causing it..

so far the pulling the battery cables has corrected it.. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,

Bryan