3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Sattelite Radio Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sattelite Radio Questions.

I have a 2007 2500 QC 5.9L with Sirius sattelite radio. Its the non gps radio with the mp3 input on the front. My cousin appears to have the same radio in his 2007 Mega cab with no satellite radio. When I turn my truck on after the aux input has been on before I shut it off, it goes to the satellite radio. My cousins does not do this. Does anyone know if you can change the radio coding to eliminate the satellite radio function, so I dont have to switch it over every time I restart the truck? I no longer have satellite service and hate switching it every time.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Hmm, so when you start the truck the radio resets to Satellite Default? Or am I reading your question wrong? I would think being as it is a Satellite Radio, you might not be able to re-code it, but I would think there should be a function that it would stay on Aux all the time.

By the way, is this Snop from the HQ?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
EDR

I had a similar problem with my non-Nav stereo with the 6-disc changer. I took it in an they replaced the stereo under warranty.

Unfortunately, the first radio they ordered to replace mine was "damaged," or so I was told, and the second one they installed still seems to switch around every once in awhile.

And the guy that installed the new stereo scratched up my dash when he removed the panel, and apparently didn't hook it up properly because the drivers side speakers only seem to work about 20% of the time!

So, on one hand it might be an easy programmable fix, and should be covered under warranty, but on the other hand - be careful what you ask for. It may lead to more problems down the road!!

Good luck
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dinner
Hmm, so when you start the truck the radio resets to Satellite Default? Or am I reading your question wrong? I would think being as it is a Satellite Radio, you might not be able to re-code it, but I would think there should be a function that it would stay on Aux all the time.

By the way, is this Snop from the HQ?

It always turns on sat mode when I turn the truck on.

Yeah, I am on the HQ.

As fars as the other issue. I would make them fix the dash, fix the stereo, and anything else if I picked it up and all that stuff was not right.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
EDR

Yeah, I agree. I've already complained about the damage to the dash and they said they would take care of it for me.

It's just such a pain planning a day to drop it off and get it done.

Of course they'll also have to check and verify that the stereo isn't working properly and then order a new one, which will require I go in again to get it replaced.

I just hope they don't screw something else up when they replace this stereo!