3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Rear Door Window

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear Door Window

Fellow DTR afficionados:

the penultimate act of corrupt sacrilege, profane desecration, impious blasphemy, cursed defilement, irreverent debasement and general perpetratory crime has befallen my beloved '05 Ram (hope my beloved '98 Ram isn't listening )....

some ^@~$%/@#*(%^&%)?@=<+> busted out my rear passenger door's window this evening while my son and I were helping a friend get their new house ready to move into Monday. Nice (very nice!) neighborhood, parked on the street next to the driveway not 50' from the house, 'course they stole the cash out of my wallet as well.

Anyway, I was wondering how much new glass is and how hard it is to replace. I hate to bring my truck to the dealer, since there's none around I know enough about to trust, and I can't afford to be w/o my "fishing pole" if I can help it. Besides, as soon as the dealer saw my truck I don't think they'd even warranty the factory "Ram" emblems...

Naturally, I discovered this when my son and I left to go home, at 1:15 AM, in the middle of an ice storm...

and the police wanted me to wait 'til they showed up to file a report, so we didn't get home until after 3 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sux!!! Sorry to hear about that!! And, to top it all off, the weather sure isn't cooperating and it's only Sunday morning.

I hate Thieves!!!!!!

Sorry I can't help you with glass prices. Let us know.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bummer! Sorry low-down pieces of drug sucking scum!

If you have glass coverage, you should be able to call your insurance agent and have them send out one of the on-site glass repair guys. If you have to go to a dealer, I think Rob has had good luck with the dealer there in McKinney.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer Mike.

MikeyB
Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sucks

I put one of these in

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....NSOLE_VAULT_DG

http://015e4e8.netsolstores.com/vehi...els/dodge.aspx
Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 AM

That really sucks. If this is any indication, my son just replaced the driver's window, $350. He was told there are two types of glass in the front windows, single glass and layered glass. The layered glass seems to crack. The back should be less.

Pete
Old 01-15-2007, 07:51 PM

I had mine done after it was shot out by a 22 going down the highway, scarryyy man I tell ya. It cost 150.00 canadian installed at the guys garage. One of these small time outfits in the country, just called him he ordered the glass and that afternoon he installed it.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Same thing happend to me last October. Insurance paid, it was about $150, so the same as the poster above.

I'll give you a few hints too. The door panel comes off by just lifting up after removing the one screw. You have to remove the door handle too with a torx driver, I think it is a #40 but not completely sure. The reason I tell you this is because there is probably a ton of broken glass inside the door and you'll want to vacuum it out. My glass guy didn't do this very well and I had to go back in a few times. There is a metal bar/frame higher up that will catch a lot of the broken glass and as you drive it will keep falling to the bottom of the door so you might have to repeat the vacuuming a couple of times. I personally couldn't stand hearing the broken glass every time I closed the door.