3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Picture of the White Ghost

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Re:Picture of the White Ghost

I hate it when people do something so simple. Sierra, you should have set up poles on each side right to the edge of the mirrors, then moved the truck out of the way and measured between the posts. I was thinking of measuring the shadow made by the sun and then . . . 8) Ahhhh, forgit it. I just know I can see around the fiver and it is wide.

As requested, I just posted a pic under towing of the White Ghost at work. Tweaked out the Jordan and took her out for a spin. Sure a lot better than the V10. Need to adjust the height of the hitch - - getting a little bucking. It seems to be riding nose high a bit.

Bob
Old 12-12-2002, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Bob, <br><br>I bet Sierra can't measure the width of the rear fenders with a carpenter's tape? ??? Will need to use the posty thingy, or utilize your sun and shadow method. <br><br>I guess drive up banking and the drive up ATMs are out with the dually, I can hardly get in with my single rear wheel vehicle? :'( :'(<br><br>Bob, I can't see the dirt, could you take a pic from a different angle with the sun so as to bring it out some?
Old 12-12-2002, 10:24 AM

[quote author=MrBilly link=board=17;threadid=7697;start=45#79385 date=1039694685]
Yeah Bob,

I bet Sierra can't measure the width of the rear fenders with a carpenter's tape? ??? Will need to use the posty thingy, or utilize your sun and shadow method.

[/quote]

MyBilly,

Da Duallys fenders are 96.0 inches wide on da 2003 Ram. Here's how ya do it. Find two straight, tall Ponderosa Pines bout 10' apart. Measure 'tween dem. Back da Dually 'tween dem. (Don't forward drive 'tween dem as dat vould nock the bejeezies outa da towin mirrors.) Now measure da distance from each Ponderosa to da Dually fender. Be sure you measure to da fender next to the tree. Now's da hard part, time to do Plus and Minus. Plus da two Ponderosa to Dually measures. Got dat done? Now take dat distance 'tween da two Ponderosas and takeaway da Plus da two Ponderosa to Dually measures. You got the answer les you didn't follow dem instructions. 8)

Oh yea, almost fergot, don't use walking stick as a measuring stick. Ya need a 25' Stanley carpenters take to measure wid.
Phil
Old 12-12-2002, 11:44 AM

;D
U is rockin 2day, Sierra. Ponderosa Pines. ??? Oh, OK, palm trees. :P Billy, he can use some good ole suthern pines.

Speaking of mirrors - - you notice how many times you cream those suckers walking by them when they are flipped. Sure glad they yield in the one direction. OUCH.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:50 PM

When parking diagonal, if spaces are too narrow I pull drivers mirror back against the window. I don't want some dumb yeahoo passenger slammin their door into my driver's door cause they are upset with the mirror in their way. When I'm ready to leave I put the mirror out to driving position.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:03 AM

Sierra, Dats real dag gone gut! Danka. Does you peelin dem bark of dem dar trees beforen you measure with a stringy? How abouten parken between the two old 2 old cars on blocks in my neigh-bores frunt yad? Dat shood work 2, me think? Dunt think Bob has those in his neighborehud.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:37 AM

MrBilly,<br>Yo is rite - - no ded kars. Jist gators. Cud I uz gators? ??? Neighbor had an eight footer in their pool about 6 months ago. Fun when you stick your head out the door and look at your porch before wandering out. <br><br>Ummmm, taste like chicken.<br><br>GatorBob
Old 12-13-2002, 09:01 AM

The other night I saw a National Geographic show on the alligator problem in Flordia. Some of them things can get awful big. Sounds like it would be very risky to be the household pet outside if you live on the water.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:05 PM

You have that right. I am one block from a state park. They have 14 footers in there. One got a girl there about 2 years ago while she was swimming. Usually they don't bother you unless you bother them. They can run about 30 mph for a short distance. I don't mess with them unless the 357 is on the hip. We do have them wander the subdivision once in a while. People do not leave their animals outside at night, that is for sure. Sure a riot to see everyone get all excited when one comes visiting. <br><br>Bob
Old 12-13-2002, 05:19 PM

Probably get about as excited as people do here when a 200# Cougar comes sashaying through ones yard. Very few outside pets survive long here either. If it's not a Cougar then it's likely a Coyote. :'(
Old 12-13-2002, 05:45 PM

I hunted those little kitty kats just south of you when I was in High School up near Three Rivers. They were getting the livestock pretty good. That was back in the &quot;good ole days&quot; when you could hunt stuff like that. Real scarry when you know the dogs are running one right back at you - - it is blacker than coal, can't see a thing. So, you hide behind a tree on the other side from where he is coming and hope he is going too fast to worry about you. One treed about two trees from me like that one night. That was a good hunt. <br><br>Bob