3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

News from SEMA Indy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
News from SEMA Indy

Here is some info I picked up at SEMA Indy:

Edge Juice/Attitude for the 2006's should be available in mid-late April. They are BETA testing it the next couple of weeks.

AEM's Brute Force dry filter is being redesigned for the diesels with a larger filter and deeper pleats for better flow. Their design looks pretty cool. It has good filtration, is cleanable, without having to oil. With the new design, it should flow a lot more air as well.

The owner of Tough Country had front and rear bumpers for the 2006's on display. They looked good. The prototype he had on his MC was very cool. He had a winch mount with a larger diameter bull bar to protect the grill.

Golden Fuel Systems - Free fuel!!! This was one of those systems that heats used vegetable oil and is used as fuel. No need to convert to bio. This to me is pretty interesting. They are driving a Duramax across country using only used veg oil (soybean and peanut are preferred). They are not using any dino diesel at all, but the system he is using gets plugged in at night to keep the oil at high temps. www.goldenfuelsystems.com. When they were leaving the show, they drove by me and the truck smelled like Kung Pao Chicken. They must have stopped at a chinese restaurant to get oil!

SEMA Indy is very small and regiional compared to Vegas, so there wasn't much else there directly related to diesels.

Leer had an awesome MC on display with an Air Ride brand lift kit on it. I didn't get a good look, but it was a linkage system that replaced the leafs. I am pretty sure this has been out for a while, but I had never seen it in person.

I have some pictures coming to me that a friend took of the Leer truck. I will post when I get them.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:38 AM

Didn't make it up there this year...but what did you think of the Rock Crawling proving grounds? I am a competitor on the East Coast with all the guys that were there...just currious what "outsiders" think of the "show".
Old 03-27-2006, 08:15 PM

The "proving grounds" was kind of a joke. It was inside the building in front of the stage, and there was only 3 rock hills about 5ft tall. It wasn't even close to what was at SEMA LV. They are doing the show in Atlanta next year, so you might see a better area.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 AM

I finally saw some pictures from the show and it really was a joke, even compared to last year's exhibit at Indy. The Las Vegas one was awesome. We actually competed in the National Finals the weekend before the Sema show and it was a pretty cool course. Not too bad for being built in one week's time.

Thanks for all the updates too.