3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Newest 06 recall...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newest 06 recall...

Got a recall notice in the mail yesterday and called to find out what's up...they said I need to come in for a diesel shut-off valve, so in case I roll it diesel won't leak out...not sure that would be the worst of my problems.

I'm going to check into a reflash, since I'm an early build(august) and the mileage has been down around 12 empty and keeping the tach in the fuel sip range. We'll see what happens. Brian
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Done....seems recall was for possible leaks at the tank, water and crap possibly getting IN the tank...put on a new vent hose I think...

Reflashed computer per the latest TSB for long cranking(mine didn't) and some battery charge issues, and shifting issues(none of which mine exibited) but now for some reason it runs the same if not a little better but the overhead mileage display is reading 4 mpg better....amazing. We'll see what actual is when I do the hand calc at fill-up.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM

Recall is simply putting on two new vent hoses. Some trucks were getting water contamination so they put these two new hoses on. Not a big deal really but we have had to do all the ones on the lot already before we sell them. Those that have been found to have water in them have to have the tank flushed and a new fuel filter installed.

Travist
Old 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM

i want the long crank TSB..but I have an auto
Old 06-14-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TRAVIST
Recall is simply putting on two new vent hoses. Some trucks were getting water contamination so they put these two new hoses on. Not a big deal really but we have had to do all the ones on the lot already before we sell them. Those that have been found to have water in them have to have the tank flushed and a new fuel filter installed.

Travist
FROM HOW WE READ THE RECALL, WEVE BEEN CHANGING FUEL FILTER ON EVERY APPLICATION. CUMMINS HAS RELEASED A NEW PART NUMBER FOR THE FILTER AS WELL.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:38 AM

Nice to see DC has finally addressed the problem that was reported here...oh about 3 years ago????
Old 06-15-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for as the shifting problem, has anybody had this problem and what does the shifting actually do for you to know you have a problem? I have had my '06 since Jan and just the last month or so, I have noticed that it does not seem to shift as smoothly as it did when I first got it.

I really noticed this after getting home one weekend from pulling my travel trailer. I drove for approx 80 miles into a 35-40mph head wind and really stayed in the go-pedal just to maintain 55-60 mph.

It seems now that when driving in town, when the tranny shifts from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd that it is a rough, sort of jolting shift.

Thanks to anyone who can inform me.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:05 AM

When pullling a load the harder the shift the better it is. That is an indicaiton that the tranny is not slipping.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:09 PM

Travist
Hey Travist -

Can you give us the TSB number for this, and what years does it cover?

Thanks - I was going to do my own home made jobber on this, but heck, if the dealer wants to do it, that's fine with me, just so long as they don't do anything else :-)
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 AM

It's not a tsb any longer it is an acuall recall by dodge. The recall number however is F19. It appears that this only effects the 2006 model year trucks.

Travist
Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 AM

It's not a tsb any longer it is an acuall recall by dodge. The recall number however is F19. It appears that this only effects the 2006 model year trucks.

Travist
My dealer has no knowledge of this recall, could you post a link to the recall or where you might have gotten this information. Appreciate the help.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM

Just copy and paste this URL and it will take you to the Dodge Recall page where you just plug in the last 8 of your VIN and it will list all recalls that apply to your vehicle.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...m%28%27R%27%29
Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 PM

I had mine done at Tempe Dodge in Arizona last week and they had just gotten it. Only take about 30 minutes
Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 PM

I was wondering if this recall applied to me since I replaced my stock fuel tank with a Transfer Flow replacement tank? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel King
Just copy and paste this URL and it will take you to the Dodge Recall page where you just plug in the last 8 of your VIN and it will list all recalls that apply to your vehicle.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...m%28%27R%27%29
That worked...punched in the numbers and sure enough there it is, guess I will be taking the print out to the dealer.

Thanks !

Quick Reply: Newest 06 recall...