3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy

Okay, I'm new to this site, I own an F 250 6.0 PSD . I know..... THE GUY's a COMMIE !!! That not withstanding, I'd like to join you guys, as much of the info here is worth reading . That, AND Y'ALL aren't as stuffy as some of the PSD and DURAMAX types . John
Old 01-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Re:New Guy

[quote author=frogspit link=board=17;threadid=9982;start=0#95305 date=1043288462]<br>Okay, I'm new to this site, I own an F 250 6.0 PSD . I know..... THE GUY's a COMMIE !!! That not withstanding, I'd like to join you guys, as much of the info here is worth reading . That, AND Y'ALL aren't as stuffy as some of the PSD and DURAMAX types . John<br>[/quote]<br><br>So, welcome, John. We like varied opinions. We would like some comparisons with the new Ford. Heard it is a good engine tranny combo. So, we will welcome some comments once in a while. You will enjoy &quot;most&quot; of the guys on here - - some are kinda weird, but we ignore them and go on with the show. Have fun with us.<br><br>Bob
Old 01-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=frogspit link=board=17;threadid=9982;start=0#95305 date=1043288462]<br>Okay, I'm new to this site, I own an F 250 6.0 PSD . I know..... THE GUY's a COMMIE !!! That not withstanding, I'd like to join you guys, as much of the info here is worth reading . That, AND Y'ALL aren't as stuffy as some of the PSD and DURAMAX types . John<br>[/quote]<br><br>Welcome to the site John!<br>I think you may be able to both provide and learn some good info here. <br>We always look forward to information about other products. Gives us something to compare to... either for better or for worse.<br>Were all pretty open minded and respect everyone here.<br><br>Stay around a while and fill out your signature so we can see what you got.<br>Also, if your interested in meeting more diesel folks in your area, contact SFtopSGT to find out if theres a DTR Chapter in your area.<br>If there isnt already a chapter, perhaps you may be interested in starting one up?<br>Either way, email, SFtopSGT or send him a PM to get more<br>information.<br>The National Chapter of DTR can be reached at: ncdtr@frontiernet.net<br><br>Rich
Old 01-23-2003, 01:18 AM

John, my wife wanted us to get the F250 crew cab but I overruled her. God help me if I made the wrong decision ???.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm looking forward to learning from this site . <br>It was a Tough choice between the Dodge and Ford . No doubt the Dodge has got to be the best looking Vehicle of it's type on the market ! But , over the years I've just been lucky with Ford trucks . So, when it came down to where to invest 40 + K I stayed in my comfort zone <br>At work I drive an F450 psd and Dodge 250 5.9 . Both have their good points, both have their Warts .<br>I didn't even consider the Chevy (ugly and hard to get ) or the GMC (hard to get ), as they seem to have a bad history as far as Diesels .<br>It really came down to my dealer . He's taken care of every problem I've had... no hassles . To me that's a big deal . I can buy a vehicle anyplace ... But will it be backed by my dealer should I have a problem is the reall concern .<br>So like I said.. Tough choice between the two trucks .<br>I guess It came down to &quot; better the Devil you know than the one you Don't &quot; All the best , John
Old 01-27-2003, 09:50 AM

John,<br> Welcome to the site. <br> I agree with your comment about the Chevy's being hard to get. I tried a few times to go drive a Duramax and I never had any luck at the dealerships finding one. I can't say I pusued it all out, but out of the half dozen or so dealerships I had stopped at over a period of time they did not have any to test drive.<br> Randy
Old 01-27-2003, 10:01 AM

John, welcome to the site. You are wise to consider the support level of your dealer, as they are hard to find, and the OEM's usually side with their dealers in questionable circumstances. I recently joined this site myself, the reasons being the variety of insights, products owned, open-mindedness, and especially helpfulness of the members here. Enjoy the forum.