3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

mothers powerball

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mothers powerball

Broke down and bought a powerball.
Needed something mechanical to clean the new wheels. Tired of doing it by hand already. works really good. polished the light lenses on the little beater too. then took it inside and polished the glass cooktop on the range too. then attacked the tubs(fiberglass). So, moral of the story. If you are getting nagged about housework, but need 'guy' time. bring the powertools inside. That ball is not cheap($18) but it takes out some of the needed elbow grease. and it is washable.

Last year was laying around and she(spouse) said something about me never dusting. Ok, so I waited a few minutes, got up, went into the garage and fired up the leaf blower. Do you have any idea how mad they get when you run around with a 2 stroke 225 mph leaf blower at about 2,000,000db in the house with clothes, pictures, nicknacks, and small children being blown about? I can guarantee no dust was left laying on any surface. It was all loose and flying around the room. NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD ABOUT ME DUSTING AGAIN.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
Last year was laying around and she(spouse) said something about me never dusting. Ok, so I waited a few minutes, got up, went into the garage and fired up the leaf blower. Do you have any idea how mad they get when you run around with a 2 stroke 225 mph leaf blower at about 2,000,000db in the house with clothes, pictures, nicknacks, and small children being blown about? I can guarantee no dust was left laying on any surface. It was all loose and flying around the room. NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD ABOUT ME DUSTING AGAIN.

You da' man!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Geez, sounds like something Ron Popeil would sell! (slices,dices)

I looked at one of those Flitz things at the store once. It looked like it might shred apart if you got in on some uneven/jagged surfaces?

Sounds like fun though!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

not the man, just hers. 11 years of marriage, and I've never waken up to a gun or meat cleaver. she must be pretty forgiving.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
not the man, just hers. 11 years of marriage, and I've never waken up to a gun or meat cleaver. she must be pretty forgiving.
Or the type who hires help for stuff like that Hope you sleep well tonight
Old 09-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny stuff. I'll second the recommendation for the powerball, however I'd recommend the powerball mini before the original powerball. The powerball is pretty good for doing exhaust tips or other random things, however it's too big to get into most holes/spokes of rims, and is too close to the drill. The powerball mini comes with about a 1 foot extension, and is small enough to get in all the smaller areas of wheels. yes they can snag if you spin them in something jagged, gotta be a little careful, but it still beats the heck out of spending 20 minutes with chrome polish on each rim...
Old 09-18-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh, you won't wake up when that happens . Most of the time it is give and take on both sides .
Old 09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Or the type who hires help for stuff like that Hope you sleep well tonight
larry, that is the last time I stick up for you!!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 AM

I laughed so hard on the leaf blower comment! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-21-2006, 09:22 AM

saw the thread and thought for a minute someone's mother won the Lotto!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like a storyline from Home Improvement - MORE POWERRRRRR!!!!

Rusty
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 AM

OMG I nearly spewed Skoal everywhere lol But SERIOUSLY-Will that work?? Cause I've been doing sheetrock in the house, and even with a fan blowing out the window and plastic over the door, EVERYTHING in the house is white........
Old 09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

she was nagging about dusting, didnt say what I had to do with it 1 hour later. That wasnt my concern.I am sure that it just landed everywhere probably worse than it was, but she went back that evening and did the dusting herself. The objective was to get her to not ask me again. I do everything outside, all of the vehicles, cook every meal, do dishes, house maintenance, upgrades, and work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I hate dusting and laundry. Mission accomplished.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Man I am gonna be getting married, and she is a neat freak. Maybe I should try that!!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

congratulations.
do you know why you dont buy your new wife a watch for christmas?

how long does it take you to open a beer?

science created a food that lowers a womens drive by 95%, know what it is?

seriously though, marriage is a good thing and I am glad I didnt it 11 years ago.

the leaf blower can also be used to clean gutters(dont do it when she is outside, gets messy) then use the lawn mower to pick it up.

Quick Reply: mothers powerball