3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Just a little help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just a little help

Hey guys would really appreciate the help. I have a 2003 2500 5.9. Bought a bully dog GT, download went through all the way but no start. Uninstall went through all the way no start. Called bully dog went through the recovery with no problem still no start. I've tried resetting by touching the negative and positive together with batteries unhooked. Checked all fuse, and checked that all power was going where it needed from ignition to starter. When I turn the key on still have battery and fuel gauge and the bully dog still reads coolant temp and air temp. Fuel pump kicks on , turn the key and nothing, no click, just nothing. Hoping it's not an ecm but have a feeling that's what you guys are going to say. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing before I hit the dealer
Old 07-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Also I'm only throwing one code p2123. Thanks again for any and all help for a new guy to the forum. Read a lot of threads for the last two days and couldn't find one that fit
Old 07-07-2016, 07:33 PM

Well this can't be a good sign...
Old 07-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
p2123 is Throttle position sensor, I am not an expert here , but have heard somewhere that it could be related to your cruise controle. If your TPS is bad you may be able to find more info and sensor here....
Timbo APPS
Old 07-08-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When you say no start the engine turns over but doesn't light off?

When you turn the ignition key to the ON position do you hear a ticking noise from under the hood? That's the number one injector firing to help prime/purge the lines. If it's not firing I would be concerned that's its the ECM.

As a sanity check unplug and replug both ECM connectors to the module.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 AM

It doesn't even crank. Does absolutely nothing when I turn key. Thanks for replies.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyB
When you say no start the engine turns over but doesn't light off?

When you turn the ignition key to the ON position do you hear a ticking noise from under the hood? That's the number one injector firing to help prime/purge the lines. If it's not firing I would be concerned that's its the ECM.

As a sanity check unplug and replug both ECM connectors to the module.
Thats what that sound is??!! Learned sumpthun new ;-)
Old 07-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would look at any keyless entry or alarm setup if you have it on the truck. My wifes Dodge Caliber did that years ago. It would not turn over but appeared to have strong battery. I simply unplugged the battery for a few minutes and back on and it started, Dodge ended up replacing a module under warrnaty that had something to do with the keyless entry. The range for locking the doors was cut down after that. I suppose it also could be the starter. Something loose or it has a bad spot that it stopped on.

\