3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

It's built It's built!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. I bought one from Tomeygun back in Feburary and have nothing but good thigs to say about him. I've had no problem with service at my local dealer.
Brad you still don't have anymore new info on your truck?
Old 07-04-2004, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by stevenknapp
Here are the picts:
The picture of the dog in the back is funny to me. That is the main reason my new truck has a back seat. I can't believe that I spend that kind of money so that the Rott'n'Child has a seat of his own.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:56 PM

Yeah, nice truck.

I like the wheels and you're right, those side rearviews are huge!

Good luck with it.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by MedicShawn
Well, as noted on my sig, it was painted on the 29th. I haven't bothered calling since the 30th, since I am just happy to know that it was built at this point.

The part that is starting to annoy me, I will probably be on leave in Florida when the new truck arrives.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:59 PM

Tomeygun, aka Tom Chaney, is a member of this board and the TDR who is also a Dodge salesperson. He's famous for the 3% under invoice deal PLUS incentives. Part of the joy of working with him is that he's really upfront about the costs. He's in St Louis.

The dog? He's being weird. It's too tall for him to jump in/out of right now. And for some reason, unknown to me, he doesn't like stepping on the flat load floor. He didn't mind the Diesel sounds. We'll throw some blankets back there over the load floor and it should be a perfect place for him to sleep on trips. The back seat was a big selling point for me. Not too big, not too small.

Tires were a big low, I set them to 60F/50R, which is what Dodge suggests for high speed unloaded running. The 75MPH vibe seemed better, hard to say. Given that's about the average speed of expressway traffic around here, I spent some time running around that range today. Vibes didn't bother me much.

Oh, and the radio reception on the 6-disc in dash is really horrid. I expect it's broken.

I know speed kills and all, but this truck is a gem on the Chicago freeways. It just pulls, even at higher speeds. Need to speed up to merge, just push the throttle and it GOES!

The book says the first 500 miles of towing not to exceed 50MPH. That's going to be the next big challenge.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:31 PM

i thought that myself ( where the heck am i going to get to go 500 miles at 50 when the speed limit is 65) hope i don"t get rear ended
hmmm should have checked out these forums be fore i bought one,,,,can i say hope much i paid for it? didn"t read the rules,,just clicked agree i thoght i got a good price,,but who knows,,maybe i didn"t
On the door it says 60lbs front,,70 lbs back,,on the tires it says 80 lbs
the truck has so much pick-up it ain"t normal,,,,,,,who would have thought a diesel could do that,,i was just after better milage! now when I"m in the truck looking down at all the gassers,,i think,,,,these people have alot to learn
Old 07-05-2004, 11:04 PM

Look in the owners manual booklet, there is a 4 page deal on tire pressure. 50F/40R is the suggested for unloaded, but they say add 10 to that for high speed, 75+. The door jam is for max weight, and the tire is even further.

The other challenge with the 50mph tow is typically I'm haulin something to go play with on vacation. Who want's to drive 50 to get to your vacation spot?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by MedicShawn
Well, I woke up this morning and decided to give DC another call.

IT'S ON A TRAIN!!!!!

I have car number, but it's probably a Mexican train.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:09 PM

hang in there stingerpup,,,,,,,,,,god! u must be going thru alot of anxiety!!!!,,,i couldn"t do that,,bought mine off the lot,,
got the tire pressure down to 50 front 40 back, the ride is alittle better, but i still have acouple 50 lb bags of cement right up next to the tail gate
the fumes in the cab from everything being new are really strong,,leaving the windows open as much as possible
Old 07-07-2004, 03:58 PM

I was amazed how fast it got here via train. It was on the train less time than it was waiting the truck ride to the dealer. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:20 PM

Wow... I guess I must be lucky..

After reading these responses, I have no choice but to feel that the Dodge Gods have blessed me. I ordered my Dually Diesel Q/Cab in mid-may, and my salesman called me Fri. to tell me they received their delivery sheet and it's on it's way, and should be there any day. But then again, maybe that's what they all say, and I'm feeling a little too lucky a bit too soon??

Well, good luck to you and your new Miss's.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:25 PM

Just a bad time...

Both of the other trucks I have ordered have come in fast. My Y2K came in faster, after I canceled the 6spd option.

I was told by some in the know that several of the options I had on my spec sheet were slowing my build down. Evidently the 6spd was again one of the weak links in this order, but I didn't have any choice, since an auto was out of the question.

I'm a little bummed, since I will only have about a month and a half of drive time before I deploy overseas again. I guess the good point is that I will only put on about 5000 miles at the most before I leave.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:11 AM

The Train!! The Train!!

Well, I used that fancy rail car tracking web site today, and it is as I feared. It (the railcar and my truck) left Kansas today enroute to Spokane, WA. It's scheduled arrival date in Spokane is the same day I have to leave for two weeks, so I will be unable to take delivery until about the 7th of August.

Oh well, at least I know it will be ready for me when I get back.