3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Infinity Speaker Polarity TSB

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Speaker Polarity TSB

I was looking at the TSBs on Geno's site (TSB 08-011-04) and saw one for speaker wires in position 7 and 8 on the radio connector harness that are reversed in some Infinity systems causing reversed polarity on the right door speaker. I had a test cd that checked for speaker polarity so I decided to check it out. As luck would have it, my speakers are out of phase! Maybe that explains why I never thought the system sounded that great.
Has anyone else checked for this problem?
I hate to take it to the dealer for the fix.
Does anyone know if there are any "tricks" to removing the radio? Do I have to take the dash all apart?
Thanks for any advice!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:46 AM

On the right side of your center dash section where your radio is located there's a trash hook. There's one screw right above the hook it's a phillips head. remove that one screw and the whole dash comes off just by pulling the rest off the clips loose it's real easy. Shawn
Old 11-24-2004, 12:13 PM

Thanks! I will give it a try tomorrow while the turkey is cooking
Old 11-27-2004, 01:30 PM

When you say the right side, do you mean the Driver or passenger side. To tell you the truth I traded a Tundra for this truck and so far I think aside from the motor IT SUCKS. I was just saying to my special lady friend last night that this stereo really sounds bad. If you turn mine up it has a ton of vibration and sounds like door noise. I even thought about upgrading these speakers very soon. How sad is that a brand new truck, you have to change out the speakers. Man I can't wait until Toyota makes a diesel.

V/R
Erik Jorgensen
NC1, USNR(TAR)
Spokane, WA
04.5 2500 Cummins 4x4
Old 11-27-2004, 01:57 PM

Right side in any vehicle is always the passenger side. Unless of course your in Europe in which case the left side would be passenger.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:46 PM

Thanks you guys are great. I will get one of those CD's or just take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it. They hate me already, it doesn't matter anymore.

V/R
Erik Jorgensen
Old 11-29-2004, 09:18 PM

I don't think the sound is that great either..I just bought my truck on Saturday and I'm already thinking of putting in my Pioneer with the satelite reciever..only problem I see is that it's going to look like Edit in the dash and I won't have the steering wheel radio controls either..Does anyone know if there is a Satelite reciever available for the factory radio..I checked at the dealership here in Canada and it's shown on their computer, but not available. I'm thinking that I might be able to get one in Las Vegas in the next few weeks...any suggestions would be appreciatted.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:51 AM

Here is the copy of the TSB from Geno's site: http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/08-011-04.htm
I got the test CD from a place that installs cusotm auto stereos. They may have one they would let you use. It plays a tone that goes in and out of phase and it is very obvious when the speaker polarity is wrong. This will cause any system to sound terrible.
Now for the bad news! I took my radio out and looked at the plug just like the TSB says, and my plug (that looks just like the picture in the TSB) does not have any wires in the #7 and #8 cavities ! I guess I will have to take the door panel off and reverse the wires at the speakers. Or I could take it to the dealer ....
My truck build date was in May 04, and I would be interested to know what wires anyone else finds if they look at their radio plug-in.