3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Hole worn through Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hole worn through Drivers Seat

Ok, first, I love my truck! 19K since March 1st and not one complaint until now. A little while ago (probably a month) I noticed a small (dime sized) hole in the fabric on my drivers seat. A little poking around revealed that there is hard plastic velcro under the fabric that was not covered. It appeared to me that the fabric was wearing through from the inside. Well, I called my nearest Dodge Dealer (Clinton Dodge in Clinton NJ) not my selling dealer (bought truck in South Jersey) and set up an appointment for them to check the problem for warrenty. Also wanted them to check on my Alt bracket as I have the one that the TSB is out on.

Well, first visit, I get there, and the service manager pulls up the info on my truck. Says "there are no recalls on your truck" I calmly state that I know this, but the alt bracket is a TSB. He has never heard of a problem with the Alt brackets. He goes out to look at my truck, to him the hole in the seat looks like some one punctured it. I disagree pointing out the hard plastic on the edge of the now Quarter sized hole. I open the hood (he did not touch it, even the hood latch, I had to do that also) and looks at the bracket. He has no clue. I show him the hairline crack and tell him that this is what the TSB is talking about.

Well, to make a long story longer, he says that he (the service manager for a 5 star dealership) cannot make a decision about the warrenty, that in two weeks the regional manager will be there and bring the truck back then.

Did that and got the same response about the seat. He did offer to replace the alt bracket "if it would make me feel better" and said he would research the seat thing and let me know. Well, a week later, the alt bracket is in, but I have not heard anything on the seat.

Really ****** about the seat. Anyone else have this? The cover (just the cover for the bottom of the Drivers seat) is $375 plus $75 for labor to replace.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Good Dodge Dealer in Western Jersey, I am near Phillipsburg.

Thanks

dan
Old 09-24-2003, 07:03 PM

Re:Hole worn through Drivers Seat

Ya gotta love em. Wish I had some good words for you on the seat. They will do ANYTHING to sell you the truck and some will do ANYTHING to ignore their warranty obligations.

Incrediblly infuriating.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Banned

Re:Hole worn through Drivers Seat

Be persistent and get an independent opinion from a glass and upholstery shop. Get it in writing if it is worn through. Be firm and forceful but not belligerent. Treat the service guys like you want to be treated. They should come around to your way of thinking. Good luck. Oh yeah if that all fails then book a meeting with the dealer principal.