3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

HID Lighting Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Lighting Kit

Hello,
I just purchase this Bi-xenon kit off of E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009

Has anyone bought this kit? I should receive this and have it installe by next weekend. I can post comments if you'all like.
D
Attached Thumbnails HID Lighting Kit-hidkit_small_2.jpg   HID Lighting Kit-hidkit_small_5.jpg  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So that's High and low beam HID's right?
looks like a nice set-up post up when your done, I would like to hear how your install goes...
Old 01-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Yes they're supposed to be hi and low HID's. I got the 4300k bulbs. I like light not the blue look.
D
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM

Would like to hear how they look when you are finished. Sometimes the light output is not good because the stock halogen housings are not made to project the HID light. Hopefully your lamp out indicator will not go on because of these. Just an indicator, but a nuisance.

Keep us informed!

Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 09:35 PM

Thumbs up

Yes, very interested in this light improvement setup. Pictures of install would be nice also.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 PM

I'd be very interested to see how this setup does. Make sure you post before and after pictures at night if you can. I really hate the stock headlights.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Alrighty then. Looks like I'll take some night shots this week before I install the HID's. I'll also try to take some install pictures and for sure after pics. I've never taken my headlight bulbs out of this truck. Are there any tricks/pitfalls I need to be aware of?
D
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 PM

HID's Hi / lo Beams

I am getting a set installed on Monday as well. opened up the box. looks pretty straightforward regarding plug and play, although I am having a local mechanic do the install. I purchased mine thru one of the links here: xtralights
ordered the Hi / low system with the optional "bypass" or whatever that is supposed to cure the light out indicator syndrome. I will know a lot more Monday after Dark. I realize with the current design of the reflector that there is a good chance that there just may be light and lots of it spraying out everywhere,, and if it is really bad and cannot be brought under control via adjusting up down etc. then they may just have to go back to the dealer, and be swapped for a set of replacement 100 watt driving light bulbs for my Bosch Rallye's. they are clear lens 8" diameter and with HID's in those and completely aimable and switched may be a better option...only two more sleeps...... I will keep everyone posted and if a nice day get some pics of my truck
Old 01-21-2007, 05:08 PM

HID headlights

2006 here. Does the kit include HID lights for all four headlights?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM

i have the top and bottome 8000k. i like them alot. the only problem that you are going to run into is that the headlights will not work off the normal headlight switch. you have to run them off ur running lights. all new dodges come like this (magnums..chargers..rams..) i dunno why but it just happens. i tied them into my running lights and i havent had any problems yet.

p.s. dont go into any car washes that have a undercariage wash..ull be in trouble with the hids..
Old 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Old 01-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SMOKINDODGE06
i have the top and bottome 8000k. i like them alot. the only problem that you are going to run into is that the headlights will not work off the normal headlight switch. you have to run them off ur running lights. all new dodges come like this (magnums..chargers..rams..) i dunno why but it just happens. i tied them into my running lights and i havent had any problems yet.

p.s. dont go into any car washes that have a undercariage wash..ull be in trouble with the hids..
have you tried to run them off the factory switch??
what exactly is the problem with the factory switch?
what happens with the car wash??

Originally Posted by SMOKINDODGE06
those look awesome!!

Mark
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Driller
I purchased mine thru one of the links here: xtralights
ordered the Hi / low system with the optional "bypass" or whatever that is supposed to cure the light out indicator syndrome.
I can't find the link to these guys, can you point me in the right direction. I want to add these to my truck as well.

Once you get these, does that mean you will never have to replace light bulbs? I seem to have the worst luck with headlight bulbs. Last three vehicles seemed to eat them. Sure would like to be rid of that concern.

Bill
Old 01-21-2007, 11:04 PM

If I do end up getting a set, I think I'm going with either the 4300k or 6000k color temps. I don't like the real blue look, plus the lower temp lights have more light output.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:25 PM

The Hids In The Fogs Will Get Messed Up If Water Hits Them. I Have Them Pretty Far Up In The Bumper. Rainy Days Doesnt Mess With Them, But Undercariage Washes Shoots Water In There And Shorts Them Out. For Some Weird Reason When U Run The Hids On The Headlight Switch They Will Work Maybe Once Or Twice. Then The Computer Will Not Send Power To It. I Dont Know How To Explain It. But My Friend Who Does A Majority Of Hids In Miami Said That All The New Dodges And Chryslers Are Like That.

Quick Reply: HID Lighting Kit