3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Great News, BX no more!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great News, BX no more!

As I was anxiously listening to my baby's mother, she quietly wispered in my ear that conception could begin. My heart was full of joy as I began to think about that final...OUCH . . . . . . Doris, I was only talking about being told by DC that my new truck was now Status "D". :-*
Old 10-21-2002, 06:30 PM

Re:Great News, BX no more!

Boss<br><br>Great news! Hopefully it will go D1 short short!<br><br>Mine is on the ground in Portland as of 10AM today and dealer says they might have it within 2 days or so. Chance I could get it by the weekend!<br><br>Got the financing ironed out at 5.25% and got the canopy ordered.<br><br>Ready for her to show up!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-21-2002, 07:43 PM

Hunter,<br> That is good news! This is the first vehicle I have ever ordered so this waiting is a new experience for me. What do they have to do to it after the truck gets to the dealer? Does it come &quot;Some-Assembly-Required&quot;?<br><br>The Boss Hog<br>(Actually won't know a hog if one bit me but I do like my Harley ;D)<br>
Old 10-21-2002, 08:56 PM

Ok, expain this to me. I see that you ordered Graphite Matalic, which is what I want. But it seems I can't get it and it is in as Red right now. I just looked a little deeper and if I step down to the SLT instead of Laramie I can get Graphite Metalic, what is going on??????
Old 10-21-2002, 09:00 PM

Ok I narrowed it down further, its not the Laramie package, it is the Long box. If I punch up the same truck with a Short box, Graphite is an option, what the heck does box length have to do with color?
Old 10-21-2002, 10:47 PM

Mopar<br><br>It is the dually factor! They have limited colors for the dually.<br><br>The reason is: Since the truck is metal, and the dually part is plastic. Some colors do not match when they paint the entire unit.<br><br>Does that make sense?<br><br>You would not want a truck that was Graphite on the body and crap grey on the dually part.<br><br>Until they get that ironed out, you will have to do with the chosen colors!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-22-2002, 05:34 AM

Hog - mine required nothing other than putting the floor mats down, peeling off the protective coating, giver her a bath, and letting the diesel mechanic look her over and take her for a spin. The keyless remotes and all that are factory programmed so I don't think they have to do squat.<br><br>Mine showed up late Friday last week and they had her ready for me Monday night.<br><br>So I suppose you have anything that the dealer needs to do other than verify it won't quit on you once you drive her off the lot.<br><br>Oh well they did have to remove me from the seat and take the keys back on Friday so they could work on her but I don't suppose you are that excited - at least don't tell Doris ;D<br>
Old 10-22-2002, 06:25 AM

;D Congrats, Boss Hog - you're close, bro! 8)<br><br>Mine should be shipped this week. 8) ;D <br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill