3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Farm Bureau

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Farm Bureau

Can someone tell me what is required to join the Farm Bureau? I've heard of becoming an auxiliary member, is this O.K. with DC for the rebate or do you need to be a full member. Who do you contact about membership and what are the requirments?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by shep1
Can someone tell me what is required to join the Farm Bureau? I've heard of becoming an auxiliary member, is this O.K. with DC for the rebate or do you need to be a full member. Who do you contact about membership and what are the requirments?

I have my home owners insurance through them here in VA, the only requirment they had for me was the $40/year membership fee. I have land that is zoned for Ag use, but all I grow is trees and grass .
Old 11-06-2005, 07:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
We have FB for all of our stuff. No requirements except the $40. They insure our cars, trucks, tractors, boats, cycles, everything, even rental property. They are just an insurance company.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:46 AM

Farm Bureau is not a insurance company it works for farm rights and try's to help politicians who also feel that same way . I have no insurance through them and you will not need to , for you to join . They will get you a discount through Nationwide insurance if that is what you want but they are not a insurance company . It is worth joining just for the discount that Dodge offers , I think it is still 500 dollars . I have been a member for over 10 years and have got way over my 40 dollars a year back every year . For more information on Farm Bureau do a search and I 'am sure you will find all you need to know .
Old 11-06-2005, 08:38 AM

We have the Farm Bureau here and they write all our insurance policies with Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company. So at least in GA they are an insurance company.

It is a $25 a year membership fee but you don't have to purchase insurance, least not in GA. I would check their pricing on insurance though, our home owners policy cost is a third (yes 1/3) of what it was. Autos were about half.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:22 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I proudly have FB insurance on all my stuff, costs an extra $35/year membership. I have never had a problem out of them.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:22 PM

Just to clarify, You can join Farm Bureau in your state for somewhere around $40/year. Most State Farm Bureaus either own an insurance company or provide insurance through another company. As was stated Farm Bureau is a private, not-for-profit organization that works to benefit farmers and ranchers. You do not have to buy insurance if you decide to join. The Dodge rebate is for all members who are in good standing for at least 30 days. If you join, you need to wait 30 days to use the Farm Bureau Rebate; if your membership goes delinquent, you need to wait 30 days after you pay your dues to use the Dodge rebate. If you pay your dues on time (or early) you will not have to wait. The rebate is $500.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:18 PM

Additionally you do NOT need to be a farmer.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 AM

Because they can get you an insurance discount it does not make them a insurance company any more than because they can give you a discount on a new Dodge then they must be a Dodge dealer , our maybe they just own Cummins , wait till Ford finds out .
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by John Halter
Because they can get you an insurance discount it does not make them a insurance company any more than because they can give you a discount on a new Dodge then they must be a Dodge dealer , our maybe they just own Cummins , wait till Ford finds out .

So if my bill says "Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company", my checks are made payable to "Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company", my insurance cards say "Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company" and the DMV here in GA has my insurance company listed as "Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company" means squat and they are NOT an insurance company?

When I had my 2 ton Chevrolet "Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company" would not insure it and wrote the policy through Progressive. The insurance card for the truck said Progressive.

I dont understand.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:11 AM

Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company was licensed in the State of GA as a "property" insurance company in 1958. Their NAIC is 14001.

Not only are they an insurance company they have the following companies here in GA.

• Georgia Farm Bureau Federation;
• Ga. Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co
• Ga. Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Co;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Real Estate Co.;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Investment Co.;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Holding Co.; and
• Georgia Farm Bureau Inc

Upon research, in Georgia, The Georgia Farm Bureau is NOT an insurance company but resales insurance for "The Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company" which is owned by The Georgia Farm Bureau.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:59 AM

In Ohio some Nationwide insurance agents will sell you a membership to get you a discount on your insurance , my Dodge salesman does the same thing for people but maybe things are different in Georgia but if you do not need to buy their insurance to be a member I would think the same is true .
Old 11-07-2005, 08:08 AM

It must be different state by state, the only way to get a membership is through the Farm Bureau. No one else sells their memberships or their insurance.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, I'm a big city guy. No land to speak of. Joined farm burea before my purchase and got the $500 discount. Money well spent
Old 11-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by PsRumors
Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company was licensed in the State of GA as a "property" insurance company in 1958. Their NAIC is 14001.

Not only are they an insurance company they have the following companies here in GA.

• Georgia Farm Bureau Federation;
• Ga. Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co
• Ga. Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Co;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Real Estate Co.;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Investment Co.;
• Georgia Farm Bureau Holding Co.; and
• Georgia Farm Bureau Inc

Upon research, in Georgia, The Georgia Farm Bureau is NOT an insurance company but resales insurance for "The Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company" which is owned by The Georgia Farm Bureau.
What he said. Many state FBs own an insurance company, such as Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual, but that is a wholly owned subsidiary of GFB. If you buy a membership to GFB you do not have to buy the insurance, but in order to buy the insurance, you must be a member. The insurance is a member benefit, and the benefits are for members.

Quick Reply: Farm Bureau